PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, this is where I put a title.

Ivan_B
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi there, I'm Ivan, I'm a full-time philosophy undergraduate currently based in Bristol, England, with an eye to writing children's fiction. I'm currently in talks with a publisher about the first of a series of funny children's fiction (9-12 years) and I hope for that to lead to something rather exciting, and if not then at least it'll have given me really good experience for my next attempt.

For now, though, hi. Hope to be engaging in some pretty erudite conversations with many of you in the coming weeks/months/years/eons.

If anybody wants a chat, why not message me? I bite, though, so watch your fingers.

Ivan

suki
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi there, I'm Ivan, I'm a full-time philosophy undergraduate currently based in Bristol, England, with an eye to writing children's fiction. I'm currently in talks with a publisher about the first of a series of funny children's fiction (9-12 years) and I hope for that to lead to something rather exciting, and if not then at least it'll have given me really good experience for my next attempt.

For now, though, hi. Hope to be engaging in some pretty erudite conversations with many of you in the coming weeks/months/years/eons.

If anybody wants a chat, why not message me? I bite, though, so watch your fingers.

Ivan

Hi Ivan, and welcome to AW.

If you haven't done so already, make your way over to the Beware & Background Checks forum and check out that publisher, before you go any further. You can use the pulldown jump menu down below to navigate directly to Beware & Background Checks.

Enjoy your stay, and good luck with your writing.

~suki

Ivan_B
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Ok, thanks, but I've...you know...heard of this publisher. If i said who it was you'd say "Oh, ok, no need to check on that." Also, my agent sent it off to them, I've been in to meet them, and it's all legit.
But thanks for the concern, i know it's a horrible world out there.

Nickie
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Welcome to the Cooler, Ivan.

Nickie

suki
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok, thanks, but I've...you know...heard of this publisher. If i said who it was you'd say "Oh, ok, no need to check on that." Also, my agent sent it off to them, I've been in to meet them, and it's all legit.
But thanks for the concern, i know it's a horrible world out there.

LOL. Cheers then. It's just so many people come on here, talking about their talks with a publisher, and we have to break the news that it's a scam. LOL.

Good luck. And welcome and enjoy your stay, anyway! :)

~suki

Ivan_B
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
LOL. Cheers then. It's just so many people come on here, talking about their talks with a publisher, and we have to break the news that it's a scam. LOL.

Good luck. And welcome and enjoy your stay, anyway! :)

~suki

Yeah, i understand that it sounds like that, but as I say, I've been in for a meeting, had extended email contact, and it's definitely not a scam.

Thanks very much for the welcome! I hope to be contributing to the boards every time I have something interesting to say.

BigWords
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the Cooler, and good luck with the publisher. :)

cooeedownunder
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Welcome :hi:

bclement412
02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Welcome to AW! :D

Ugawa
02-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey, Ivan.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the water cooler :D

jvc
02-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too (such as the Traditional Irish Pub and Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum)

Don't forget to read the newbie guide (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66315), and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28185)

PoppysInARow
02-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Thank you for flying AW.

The bottom of your chair can be used as a floatation device in case we crash in a body of water, and oxygen masks will drop from above if the cabin pressure changes. Please make sure you secure your own mask before assisting others.

We hope you enjoy your time aboard AW and have a pleasant visit.

CSMaster
02-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Apparently, this is where I welcome you.

Welcome.

YukonMike
02-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Welcome.

regdog
02-08-2010, 02:00 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/hello.gif

Ivan_B
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks everybody, I feel more than welcome now.

brainstorm77
02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
welcome

CACTUSWENDY
02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.