Whatcha doin' at this very moment? (Volume 2)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
that's not selfish. Selfish would be if you bought her chocolate then ate it all before she got back.

Haha. Actually, there is something I want to get her for when she comes home. She is a photographer, and she used to have this nice 35mm SLR. But it was stolen by this guy she used to be friends with, and she hasn't had a nice camera since. I found one that is exactly the kind she used to have, so I might get that for her.

I already have a DSLR, so I won't be tempted to keep it for myself. :D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL...

My brother's a photographer so those terms are familiar to me, but I don't know much about it.

that would certainly cheer her up!

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
LOL...

My brother's a photographer so those terms are familiar to me, but I don't know much about it.

that would certainly cheer her up!

Oh, cool. I do nature photography and sometimes weddings. She's a much better photographer than I am. Since I'm the only one with the nice camera right now, when we go places to take pictures, I let her use it, and I use the crappy point and shoot. She's got a better eye.

I love photography though. I can't wait for it to get warm so I can go out for hours.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, I've noticed most photographers love the outdoors. I'm happy to let them go out and bring the pics back to me ;)

He's living in Japan right now and is getting some REALLY amazing shots. I wish I could print them all and frame them all over my house.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's cool. I know someone who is living in Japan, and my best friend lived there for 18 months (both military). I'd like to visit.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
it wouldn't be first on my list, but I can see the appeal (just give me the point and shoot, though, lol).

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
We bought the Girl a camera for Christmas. She loves to take pictures and I'd like to take her some places that offer interesting sights she can photograph. She and her brother are always making videos for YouTube.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there are many other places I'd go first. I'm going to Israel in July (Yay!).

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there are many other places I'd go first. I'm going to Israel in July (Yay!).
oh, that would be neat!

Top on my list would be Alaska. I'd love to snowboard there (not that I'm so great at it, but they have more snow than I get here)

do you have people you know who you are staying with?

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Doing laundry.
Organizing art stuff so I stop procrastinating and finish my projects.
Compulsively surfing the net.
Browsing AW.
Procrastinating.
Trying to decide what music will put me in the right frame of mind today.

It's one of those days when I can't hold still and stay in one place.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
oh, that would be neat!

Top on my list would be Alaska. I'd love to snowboard there (not that I'm so great at it, but they have more snow than I get here)

do you have people you know who you are staying with?

I know people there, but I'll be in a dormitory. I'm going to be in a yeshiva while I'm there. I want to eventually serve in the IDF so I can get Israeli citizenship and make aliyah. I'm not sure how the girlfriend would feel about that though. :D

I'm starting to get pissed that no one has the balls to just start rebuilding the Temple, so hopefully I won't start a riot or something when I'm there.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score

We lived in AK for 3 years. Fairbanks was fairly flat but just a mile or so out of town, you were in the mountains.

Neither of us were into winter sports so the snowboarding, skiing, ice skating, tobboganing, etc., opportunities were wasted on us.

Seams

○
Registered
Reaction score
trying to learn how to write in 2nd pov and not make it sound robotic..fun fun

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
eating Orville Redenbacher popcorn and feeling like I haven't slept in a month of Sundays (whatever that means)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Would that mean like a month where every day is a week? So, it feels like you haven't slept in 30 weeks?

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I just put together a bench my mother bought for the new kittens.

Yes, really.

Time for a shower since I didn't take one yesterday, and the fireplace has made it a sauna in here.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I'm craving pizza. I am not hungry at all-- quite nauseous actually- but I. Want. Pizza.

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Taking a break from crying my eyes out of their sockets to be snarky on web fora.

Not very happy with the state of things right now or the husband.