Whatcha doin' at this very moment? (Volume 2)

R.G. Alexander

Princess Awesomesaucer
Registered
Reaction score
My maternal side has a pretty interesting story. All I know is that they fled Germany to the US during the war. They changed their last name, refused to tell their kids what it was, and wouldn't teach any of them to speak German.
I am all sorts of convinced that we where gypsies or somethin':) My mom thinks they were related to Hitler. lol.

Last edited:

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
My maternal side has a pretty interesting story. All I know is that they fled Germany to the US during the war. They changed their last name, refused to tell their kids what it was, and wouldn't teach any of them to speak German.
I am all sorts of convinced that we where gypsies or somethin':) My mom think they were related to Hitler. lol.

They were probably Jewish.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I just ordered the cutest pair of shoes from DSW with a gift card I got for Christmas. Wahoo!

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
just got through watching a black and white episode of Gunsmoke on youtube

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Talking to my sweetie. :D

groovyville

Jesus Only! <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thedreamer.mysite.com
Family history is some cool stuff,
My dad found out about a year ago that his Great Great (maybe throw in another great) Aunt (or something of that sort) was the founder of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in some central/south american country (my dad told me but I forgot, I want to say Puerto Rico, but I don't think that's right)
That's pretty exciting considering that I'm Seventh-Day Adventist :D

My mom also knows that her family came to America on the Mayflower way back when.

what am I doing now?"
resting my brain for a second and then going to play on the piano

LadyVonFright

Registered
Reaction score
I have 4 mins left on my lunch break, and I am about to get back to the grind...and by grind...I mean UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ...

thats all :)

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Family history is some cool stuff,
My dad found out about a year ago that his Great Great (maybe throw in another great) Aunt (or something of that sort) was the founder of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in some central/south american country (my dad told me but I forgot, I want to say Puerto Rico, but I don't think that's right)
That's pretty exciting considering that I'm Seventh-Day Adventist :D

My mom also knows that her family came to America on the Mayflower way back when.

what am I doing now?"
resting my brain for a second and then going to play on the piano

I did a lot of genealogy about ten years ago. It was very exciting. I learned a lot about my ancestors, met relatives I'd never known about (and I hadn't even won the lottery), and got to stomp around cemeteries and old ancestral homesteads.

Paper & Pencil

I miss the pink elephant...
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to decide whether to keep trying to force my way through my one WIP, or give myself a break and play a game or try to work on another WIP...I have been at the computer writing on it for like five hours now.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
My wife gets the same way. She loves going there too but worries about my spending when we're there LOL!

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... wondering what island Jenn is on? Maybe it's a figurative one. Often feel that isolated, myself, in the midst of company, mind.