Whatcha doin' at this very moment? (Volume 2)

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Finishing the editing I had hoped to finish last night. There was more than I though. :(

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Sitting down for a quick break. Cleaning and moving a ton of stuff in my room to prepare for the sanding that should, if all goes well, happen tomorrow. It doesn't help that I hadn't moved a lot of stuff out of my room to begin with; half of what I've brought downstairs should have been down here anyways. Just hadn't gotten that far yet...

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finishing the editing I had hoped to finish last night. There was more than I though. :(
that's not the fun kind of surprise to have in the evening....

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Waiting for the school bus. Brushing girl child's hair, telling boy child to either tame his mop or put on a hat. Waiting impatiently for the morning chaos to end so I can take off my shoes. Wondering why all of my friends in their 40's think I'm old for my age and all of my friends in their 20's think I'm young for my age. Disliking needles. Rambling.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
that's not the fun kind of surprise to have in the evening....

Indeedy :)

Finished now though!

*Happy dance*

Now to decide what to work on for a few days while I let the MS sit. :D

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Just got part of my loans applied, so my refund should be coming soon. Hurray.

I also found out last night that on my dad's side of the family, his paternal grandfather had to flee the Polish army for fear of being killed (Jews were sent on suicide missions or just killed by soldiers) dressed as a woman until he crossed the border. And, his paternal grandmother was supposed to be on the Titanic, but she wasn't able to get on the ship, so she had to take a cheaper boat. I'm lucky to be alive. :D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I also found out last night that on my dad's side of the family, his paternal grandfather had to flee the Polish army for fear of being killed (Jews were sent on suicide missions or just killed by soldiers) dressed as a woman until he crossed the border. And, his paternal grandmother was supposed to be on the Titanic, but she wasn't able to get on the ship, so she had to take a cheaper boat. I'm lucky to be alive. :D
OMG!!!

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Back from math midterm. Vegging until I have to study for my bio one tomorrow :(

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend, a much older friend, who was born in a ditch during a war (I don't know which war particularly) in France while their family was fleeing. Her mom thought she was stillborn and left her there, but her grandmother came back and found her alive.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

:Jaw:

I have a friend, a much older friend, who was born in a ditch during a war (I don't know which war particularly) in France while their family was fleeing. Her mom thought she was stillborn and left her there, but her grandmother came back and found her alive.

and again...

My grandpa met my grandma when they were six and he told her then that he was going to go away and when he came back he would marry her. He was sent to work in the coal mines and didn't see my grandma again until they were in their early teens. He proposed about 15 minutes after they reunited. That's all I've got. Oh, and then they got married and lived a long and intoxicated life together. The end.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
awww! that is SO romantic, KM!

*sigh*

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've considered writing a story loosely based on them, but they had 13 kids and they all have tempers. I'm afraid I'd write something that they wouldn't like and I'd end up with a drunken redneck uncle on my front porch holding a shotgun.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've considered writing a story loosely based on them, but they had 13 kids and they all have tempers. I'm afraid I'd write something that they wouldn't like and I'd end up with a drunken redneck uncle on my front porch holding a shotgun.
use a pen name and don't tell any of them.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes...the pen name fiasco. I have name issues. It's absurd.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah, It's pretty crazy. Add that to the fact that my mom was supposed to never be able to have children, and it looks like I beat the odds. :D

and again...

Agreed. That's crazy.

My grandpa met my grandma when they were six and he told her then that he was going to go away and when he came back he would marry her. He was sent to work in the coal mines and didn't see my grandma again until they were in their early teens. He proposed about 15 minutes after they reunited. That's all I've got. Oh, and then they got married and lived a long and intoxicated life together. The end.

Awww.

I love the intoxicated part. That's hilarious.

I always wanted to have a story like that. The closest I have is a love-at-first-sight story and talking about marriage and moving across the country after a couple weeks. Not quite as romantic, but close.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Frankly, I think all of these family tales are great story starters. Change the names and descriptions, maybe even locations (if feasible) and write'em. Screw what others might think. The only people who'd matter are the subjects themselves. You're not writing biographies; they're novels.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Frankly, I think all of these family tales are great story starters. Change the names and descriptions, maybe even locations (if feasible) and write'em. Screw what others might think. The only people who'd matter are the subjects themselves. You're not writing biographies; they're novels.

You're absolutely right. We should.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score

True. There is a lot of almost dying in my family history.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Thank G-d, my family got out before the Holocaust. My grandfather was in Normandy though, but as a soldier.

Everyone in my family except two died of natural causes. If falling down the stairs and breaking your neck counts as natural causes, then everyone but one did (my cousin was kidnapped and murdered when she was four or five).