Whatcha doin' at this very moment? (Volume 2)

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I am quite proud of myself: I just finished an entire 5 page math packet in 25 minutes. I am never this productive :)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, stormie. I don't tell my family anymore when I have them. My husband just panics.

Oh my gosh. Yaffe is the same way. She never tells me when she's not feeling well. She hates it when I do stuff for her, and I'm always doing stuff for everyone, so we have a weird dynamic. Last week she had an episode where she was dizzy and couldn't breathe very well. I knew something was wrong because her breathing was very shallow, and she seemed a little out of it. She didn't tell me for a good four or five hours (it was intermittent).

It drives me crazy when she does that.

Paper & Pencil

I miss the pink elephant...
Registered
Reaction score
Feeling out of it from a mixture of annoying nephew and bad news. I should be writing but I dunno...

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aww, P&P....:Hug2:

R.G. Alexander

Princess Awesomesaucer
Registered
Reaction score
*bouncing* it may snow here. *bouncing* YYYYAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! Just so you all know I will plunge into depths of depression if it doesn't. *bouncing*

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually writing on a regular basis now. This is incredible.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Since I'm stormie, I'm sending snow R.G's way. :D
21.gif
Oops, too much.
6.gif
Okay, better!

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
My dad put on the Discovery Channel. I can't watch men climbing Everest freeze to death without being reminded of how chilly it is in my own backyard.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I have a very low tolerance of the cold, so I wouldn't last very long. But if I liked the cold, then I would love to climb it.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I hate the cold. But I like climbing, and I like being really high.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind heights at all. Actually, two summers ago I jumped off a 10,000-some foot mountain in Wyoming. That was fun :)

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
It's been snowing intermittently here since yesterday, I think. School was closed today and tomorrow. I had a debate (I hesitate to say argument; that sounds so hostile) with my stepson about the schools being closed tomorrow.

I asked, "How do you know? Is there an official announcement from the school system?"

"Everybody on MySpace is saying it."

"That's not an official announcement. That's just gossip."

"No, everybody on my space says it."

"Do NOT trust sites that are filled with speculation, wishful thinking, and 'everybody knows' stuff. You must have an official verification. Anybody can say whatever they want online."

"But everybody's saying it."

"Everybody who?"

"All my friends on MySpace."

"Well, we all know how reliable MySpace is. I wonder that the government doesn't make it an official news outlet."

He finally went to the school board site and found that, yes, the schools are closed tomorrow.

I said, "Fine. Now you have verification from an official source."

Sometimes I worry about kids who grow up with the Internet as their 'Ultimate truth' source.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, now it's working. Strange.

I'm on a Jewish forum debating about general knowledge of Jewish persecution. One of the people was saying it shouldn't be surprising that so many people are utterly clueless about the extent of Jewish persecution, and then she asked me how much I know about Xtian persecution, Darfur, or the Slave Trade.

Conveniently, I happen to know a lot about two of the three and enough about Darfur to seem at least moderately knowledgeable. I guess that's why it's surprising that people don't know more about this stuff.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Deciding whether to edit some more, or finally finish reading (and highlighting) On Writing.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished my obnoxious vestibular therapy exercises, and am currently taking my meds.