Whatcha doin' at this very moment? (Volume 2)

Kitty

weeeeeeeee *thud*
Registered
Reaction score
I'd argue that's also a good thing because it lets you see who the douchers are.

lol... this is very true

eta: ya' know... that's still matter of opinion, isnt it? yeh... I'm not the sharpest tool atm but... I get your point but people are people... douches are everywhere and just 'cause I think someone is, doesn't mean the person beside me does. That's kinda where I was comin' from with the honesty thing.

Person A: You're a douche
Person B: You smell funny
Person C: I think you both suck

honestly, this would set me off into fits of giggles but at least everyone knows where they stand :)

Last edited:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You said the same thing I did, just from the other side. I didn't say the internet "makes" them, I said it "lets" them.

But it also "lets" people say things they wouldn't say IRL because they would look like a complete doucher. I'd argue that's also a good thing because it lets you see who the douchers are.

I am perceived much differently (by many, but not all) on this site than I am in real life. I'm not sure why. I act much the same here as I do in this whole reality thing. I think being able to observe the things people do or sometimes don't say in real life situations plays a role in gauging someones character. Body language, daily actions, demeanor, etc. are all parts of the picture that you can only guess at via internet.

When did I start waxing philosophical?

At any rate, I now have oil in my tank which means I have heat. I have coffee for when I wake up and a large bottle of Chulula waiting to be drizzled over eggs for dinner. My hot water heater is still leaking, but at a slow rate and is scheduled to be replaced on Friday.

What does this mean? It means...SCREW YOU UNIVERSE. I WIN!!!!

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
Eating Cinnamon Bun popcorn in celebration of my half-day at work tomorrow! Woot-woot! They are calling for an inch of snow here and an inch of snow + Georgia = total shut down.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Eating Cinnamon Bun popcorn in celebration of my half-day at work tomorrow! Woot-woot! They are calling for an inch of snow here and an inch of snow + Georgia = total shut down.

It rarely snowed in Georgia as it rarely snows in this part of TN. I think it snowed 3 or 4 times my entire life when I lived in SE GA. It's snowed here quite a few times but nothing major.

However, since we lived in AK, the pitiful excuses for snow we see around here are laughable. Even in Chicago, when we go up there and see people all bundled up because it's "so cold", I'm still in shorts and may put on sneakers if I don't wear the flip flops. I told my husband, "I thought you people were supposed to be so tough up here. What a bunch of wimps!"

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
My husband wants to move to AK really badly, but I just don't know if I can handle the winters! I wouldn't mind giving it a go, though.

RaineeRose

We're moving on...
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking about my WIP while contemplating my 2YN project.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
My girly girl is working, so I'm gonna have a big ole editing session. It's about time I finished this pass through. ;)

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Trying not to scream.

You ever have someone who thought every word out of your mouth was invalid, but if someone else said the exact same thing it was gospel?

Ugh. I get this phone call from a loved one.

"Say, how many concussions have you had again?"

I've all ready got a bad feeling about this. "I've lost count."

"Well we were discussing it in class today and the more you have the more dangerous it can be, blah, blah, blah." Something to that affect.

"Yeah, I know. For some reason you just didn't believe me the last eighteen years I've telling you about it."

They go on to list the dangers and side affects, and so on. Like I have no idea.

It was great sport to try and crack my skull like an egg when I was growing up. At least other people thought so. I have problems with memory, and other issues I am sure are related to having your noggin treated like a basketball.

I was tempted to say, "Me and my brain damage are going to go take a bath now. If I don't answer when you call back, it's because I drowned in the tub."

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Give 'em this

likeseriously.jpg

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
:e2smack:....*sigh* yes...

:Hug2:
Trying not to scream.

You ever have someone who thought every word out of your mouth was invalid, but if someone else said the exact same thing it was gospel?

Ugh. I get this phone call from a loved one.

"Say, how many concussions have you had again?"

I've all ready got a bad feeling about this. "I've lost count."

"Well we were discussing it in class today and the more you have the more dangerous it can be, blah, blah, blah." Something to that affect.

"Yeah, I know. For some reason you just didn't believe me the last eighteen years I've telling you about it."

They go on to list the dangers and side affects, and so on. Like I have no idea.

It was great sport to try and crack my skull like an egg when I was growing up. At least other people thought so. I have problems with memory, and other issues I am sure are related to having your noggin treated like a basketball.

I was tempted to say, "Me and my brain damage are going to go take a bath now. If I don't answer when you call back, it's because I drowned in the tub."

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
yes, Semi, but what are you doing? :)

I'm not sure where this quote came from, but to answer you're question: I'm eating dinner before going to shul for a class.

lol... this is very true

eta: ya' know... that's still matter of opinion, isnt it? yeh... I'm not the sharpest tool atm but... I get your point but people are people... douches are everywhere and just 'cause I think someone is, doesn't mean the person beside me does. That's kinda where I was comin' from with the honesty thing.

Person A: You're a douche
Person B: You smell funny
Person C: I think you both suck

honestly, this would set me off into fits of giggles but at least everyone knows where they stand :)

If a guy is a douche, he's a douche. Just because another douche happens to think he's funny doesn't make him less of a douche.

I am perceived much differently (by many, but not all) on this site than I am in real life. I'm not sure why. I act much the same here as I do in this whole reality thing. I think being able to observe the things people do or sometimes don't say in real life situations plays a role in gauging someones character. Body language, daily actions, demeanor, etc. are all parts of the picture that you can only guess at via internet.

Yes, body language accounts for much of how we communicate, which can make a person seem much different IRL than on the internet or even the phone. My girlfriend often thinks I'm being sarcastic or angry over text messages, but it's quite clear that I'm not if I say the same thing in person.

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
eating tacos and frozen strawberries

R.G. Alexander

Princess Awesomesaucer
Registered
Reaction score

That is so what is going on here. Just the thought of snow = mass histeria and food grabbing at the grocery store. :)

Gotta love South Carolina. :) (not really)

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score
Just found out from the transcript company that they didn't mail my transcripts to the university like they were supposed to weeks ago. So, I called the university. The university lost my graduation application... despite the fact I was given invitation to the commencement/convocation, etc. weeks ago.

On the bright side, I've still graduated/I'm still DONE and I won't have to re-file, but it looks like getting my diploma in hand will take a while longer and I'll have to keep an eye on things from now til' it arrives in the mail.

Yep, it's going to be a few years before I'm ready to even think about graduate school. It'll take me at least that long to recover from the BS involved in getting my B.S.

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score