PDA

View Full Version : This is why everybody hates Tony Blair

seun
12-12-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't have any words for this...(well, I do actually. It starts with C and ends in T).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8408918.stm

Mr Flibble
12-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Well he would say that wouldn't he? He's a [censored] [censored] git. If he thought it was so right how come he never bothered with the truth? Didn't listen to the biggest demo in UK history ( IIRC) and what about poor old Dr Kelly?

Blair's deluded.

seun
12-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Well he would say that wouldn't he? He's a [censored] [censored] git. If he thought it was so right how come he never bothered with the truth? Didn't listen to the biggest demo in UK history ( IIRC) and what about poor old Dr Kelly?

Blair's deluded.

That's one word for it. How about deranged?

SPMiller
12-12-2009, 04:04 PM
I can think of some even spicier descriptors.

Bird of Prey
12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow. Astounding. . .and scary. . . .

Don
12-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Sending children off to die was already reason enough to hate Tony Blair. The excuse he used is simply second-hand smoke.

seun
12-12-2009, 04:49 PM
What winds me up is how fucking smug we all know he is while he pretends to be Mr Regular Guy. I couldn't give two shits about his religious beliefs or what he's converted to. None of that changes what he is or what he always has been.

Shakesbear
12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Seun if Teflon Tony had any sincere religious beliefs then he would have converted earlier and never have become PM. He is a hypocrite - which ought to have meant he would be a good politician - but his arrogance and contempt for the populace got in the way.

Mr Flibble
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
I can think of some even spicier descriptors.

I was trying to be not rude. If I let myself vent.....

contempt for the populace He's very nearly Marie AnTonyette.

Zoombie
12-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm not shedding tears of Saddam Hussein...but, yeah, invading wasn't a good idea.

WMDs...maybe MIGHT have made him enough of a threat to risk a conventional war, but as there were none, boo on Blair.

Darzian
12-12-2009, 11:20 PM
When the Bushy master barks an order, what's little Tony to do?

Mr Flibble
12-12-2009, 11:54 PM
When the Bushy master barks an order, what's little Tony to do?

Yaps like a fecking poodle.

seun
12-13-2009, 02:43 PM
So, we're agreed. He's a decent chap who's just a bit misunderstood. :D

Shakesbear
12-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Seun you give a new meaning to the concept of 'decent'!

scarletpeaches
12-13-2009, 05:06 PM
seun, the c-word is absolutely what I thought before even clicking the link.

bLiar is the only person on Earth who's induced me to say the word 'cunt' in front of my dad. Even Bush Jr garnered "He's a braindead thick fucking bastard."

bLiar, though? He doesn't even have the excuse of stupidity. He's an intelligent man which makes him all the more reprehensible. He has blood on his hands and I would give every penny I possess to punch him clean in the face.

'Contempt' doesn't even come close to what I feel for him. I hope he rots in hell.

seun
12-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Say what you feel, bird. Don't hold back. :tongue

Kaiser-Kun
12-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Funny how Blair found such strong moral motives to bring Saddam down, but none of the other assholes commiting genocide around the world. Well, none of them were falsely accused of WMDs, so nothing to see here!

Priene
12-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Funny how Blair found such strong moral motives to bring Saddam down, but none of the other assholes commiting genocide around the world. Well, none of them were falsely accused of WMDs, so nothing to see here!

Even funnier that his great moral imperative didn't start until after the Bush White House started going after Saddam.

Bird of Prey
12-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Even funnier that his great moral imperative didn't start until after the Bush White House started going after Saddam.

Exactly. The entire episode was a matter of manipulating the public by cherry picking information and fomenting hatred that was then deliberately misdirected. . . . .

Don
12-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Exactly. The entire episode was a matter of manipulating the public by cherry picking information and fomenting hatred that was then deliberately misdirected. . . . .
And this differs from the actions of every other politician, how? We're seeing exactly that behavior on both sides of the aisle regarding health insurance and global warming. It's how politicians roll.

Fran
12-14-2009, 02:04 AM
My understanding is it's illegal under either EU or UN law to invade a country purely to instigate a regime change. If that's the case, Blair could have been charged with war crimes if he'd started the war on that premise. I think he should be anyway. It's just another example of his amazing ability to convince himself of his own sincerity, even though the only people who believe a word he says are even more deluded/deranged than he is. He makes me sick.

Bird of Prey
12-14-2009, 02:06 AM
And this differs from the actions of every other politician, how? We're seeing exactly that behavior on both sides of the aisle regarding health insurance and global warming.
No, we are NOT, Don. You'll have to explain to me how a health insurance policy equates to an invasion that resulted in an allied/western-orchestrated brutal public assassination and US/British et al. soldiers returning in body bags and/or minus limbs and brain parts. . . .

And no, I'm not big on throwing more bodies at Afghanistan, but it's a far cry from health insurance reform. . . .

Paul
12-14-2009, 02:15 AM
And this differs from the actions of every other politician, how? We're seeing exactly that behavior on both sides of the aisle regarding health insurance and global warming. It's how politicians roll.

Yeah, touch of the derail there Don
ps I missed you!:)

Paul
12-14-2009, 02:16 AM

My understanding is it's illegal under either EU or UN law to invade a country purely to instigate a regime change. If that's the case, Blair could have been charged with war crimes if he'd started the war on that premise. I think he should be anyway. It's just another example of his amazing ability to convince himself of his own sincerity, even though the only people who believe a word he says are even more deluded/deranged than he is. He makes me sick.

About sums it up.:)

Use Her Name
12-14-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm glad to hear this-- from one of the Peacenicks in the US who has been WTF for 8 years +. Thought you all were supporting the Peetard.

Paul
12-14-2009, 02:31 AM
I'm glad to hear this-- from one of the Peacenicks in the US who has been WTF for 8 years +. Thought you all were supporting the Peetard.

You see, he started out all sweetness and light, then somehow, somewhere....
(I see a Star War script here...)

BigWords
12-14-2009, 02:40 AM
I was under the impression that there were always consequences to be had from lying to parliament, but apparently not. He knew the info was suspect (at best) yet he's never faced any kind of legal action...

Use Her Name
12-14-2009, 02:45 AM
I liked TB in the beginning. We all did. Then he went to the dark side. When this whole thing was starting out, we were like: Yeah! when we heard another nation dropping out of the axiz of the willing or whatever it was called. No one would stand with him. Then England did. I was very dissapointed. I am a total liberal, and there are many here on the board who are the opposite, so I usually don't take sides, but man-- Is this job of his a life-time appointment? Is there no vote involved?

Bird of Prey
12-14-2009, 03:54 AM
You see, he started out all sweetness and light, then somehow, somewhere....

Dick Cheney crawled through the window. . . .

Priene
12-14-2009, 07:48 AM
And this differs from the actions of every other politician, how?

It's against the law of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that's how.

Shakesbear
12-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I liked TB in the beginning. We all did. Then he went to the dark side. When this whole thing was starting out, we were like: Yeah! when we heard another nation dropping out of the axiz of the willing or whatever it was called. No one would stand with him. Then England did. I was very dissapointed. I am a total liberal, and there are many here on the board who are the opposite, so I usually don't take sides, but man-- Is this job of his a life-time appointment? Is there no vote involved?

No! I thought when the election was taking place that he was a two faced, lying self satisfied bit of rubbish! He is not a statesman or a politician but a self serving money grabbing con man.

Fran
12-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Dick Cheney crawled through the window. . . .

Yikes! Thanks for that nightmare. ;)

All I'll say is if America ever changed the constitution to allow a foreign-born president, Blair would be the first one knocking on the door.

Mr Flibble
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
No! I thought when the election was taking place that he was a two faced, lying self satisfied bit of rubbish!

Me too! That grin could hide a multitude of sins. And did. Never trust a man who smiles that much....AFAIC it was a wonder he got in the first time, but twice? I reckon they put some sort of stupidiser in the water just before the elections.

ETA: This is not to say that I actually thought any of the other MPs were any good. But there's always been something insufferably oily and smug about Tony.

Bird of Prey
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Yikes! Thanks for that nightmare. ;)

All I'll say is if America ever changed the constitution to allow a foreign-born president, Blair would be the first one knocking on the door.

Well, if it's any consolation, Arnold will beat him to it. . .which, come to think of it, is just as terrifying. . . .

Fran
12-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Well, if it's any consolation, Arnold will beat him to it. . .which, come to think of it, is just as terrifying. . . .

At least that would be hilarious. For about ten minutes. Then you'd all be doomed...

seun
12-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Never trust a man who smiles that much

Randall Flagg, anyone?

Priene
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM
I mean, look, come on guys, this is Tony, OK? A regular, you know, kind of guy.

AdamH
12-14-2009, 05:33 PM

"I am here to lead, not read" - Simpsons movie.