UNSCRAMBLE THAT WORD!

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
GAI TWOSJIKINM does not translate into TOOTH DECAY OR WEIGHT GAIN, so, it can only be one other answer.......

...and I don't know what it is.

two ....... tion, ing, joking waking
ask.... soaking, waist, somethingist man...woman.. joints joist sin, kin, gin, win, wit, kit, sit,sat ...moist
got gat

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Another clue might help... :e2violin:

RevisionIsTheKey

Sigh...
Registered
Reaction score
Wherever there is dulce de leche ice cream
Here you go, you crazy kids!

Repeat of old clue with a bit more detail: He blamed it on sweets, his girlfriend's brownies.

New clue:But when his coworkers went back to his childhood home with him, they noticed there were empty tubes of airplane glue in his bedroom.

Bonus clue: Vroom, vroom. (This one is really excellent, but you may not understand why until you get the scramble figured out.)

RevisionIsTheKey

Sigh...
Registered
Reaction score
Not...that...I'm...aware...of.

Clue 4: His drug use resulted in his having to settle for a job moving people from Point A to Point B in a big city. (Hence: one vroom)

Clue 5: The actor who played him was also in a film in which a car played an important part. (Second vroom)

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This obviously has something to do with a movie, and I'm beginning to think it's a movie I've never seen, in which case there's no way I'll ever get this one, so I might as well throw in the towel. (mumble grumble) :flag:

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
I'll throw in the soap and water because it looks like the Revisionist is washing us up with this one.

RevisionIsTheKey

Sigh...
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I do like to say vroom, but that aside, here are your last clues:

Clue, what, 6?: This is a character in a TV series about TAXI drivers.

Clue 7: The actor who played this role also had a role in a movie where a car was an important component and which we even mentioned in a scramble a few days ago; it's title has something to do with going back somewhere.

Clue 8: The character this actor played in the TV series was always stoned, blaming his subsequent drug use on funny brownies his girlfriend gave him in college.

Clue 9: The character's name rhymes with TIM WIGNACOWSTEE

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Played by one of my favorite actors, so how come I didn't get it? It took a ton of clues, and I'm not sure even Jim Ignatowski could have figured it out, although Christopher Lloyd could. Revisionist is so sneaky! Sheesh!

Gimme a minute to come up with a new scramblowski.

Last edited:

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(I take back what I said about Revisionist. That was actually a terrific scramble with clever clues. I feel like a dummy. But here's something to twist your noodles. :))

ATOSSA RI FERLTELEVY

(A botched ending?)

ldhoyt

Registered
Reaction score
GHOULISH

ISGEERPFLA

(Hint- Witty conversation)

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh-oh.

Idhoyt, you mistakenly went to the bottom of the first page of this thread and correctly solved the scramble. But we're on Page 17, with a new scramble. However, since you are a new member of AW, we WELCOME YOU and hope you will continue to participate in this most provocative and stimulating of games! :D

Drice

Registered
Reaction score
ISGEERPFLA Hmmm. This one I can get. It can't be pilferages. We don't know about that up here in the cold. But persiflage, well that's another kettle of maple syrup alltogether.

Welcome, Idhoyt. Hope you find these lunatics as much fun as I. ;)

And now back to our regularly scheduled postings... :)

ATOSSA RI FERLTELEVY

(A botched ending?)

Last edited:

RevisionIsTheKey

Sigh...
Registered
Reaction score
Persiflage??? I never heard of this word - and I have a masters in French! And the root word is siffler, to whistle. What's up with that? No bantering at all involved there...but I digress.

Yes, Idhoyt, welcome, but just so you know, every now and then a less literate word gets thrown in so I can play.... :hi:

Drice

Registered
Reaction score
Persiflage??? I never heard of this word - and I have a masters in French! And the root word is siffler, to whistle. What's up with that? No bantering at all involved there...but I digress.

Yes, Idhoyt, welcome, but just so you know, every now and then a less literate word gets thrown in so I can play.... :hi:

Just for the record... and while slinking away in shame, neither had I. I cheated just to make a dumb joke.

But really, I thought persiflage was from that other game Define this weird word: which, being completely loyal to Nymtoc's wonderful game, I would never play.

Is there a word to work on?

Oh yeah...

ATOSSA RI FERLTELEVY

(A botched ending?)

(Still don't have a clue... or rather that clue ain't workin' for me.)

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After that workout from Revisionist, I'm tempted to make my clues totally impenetrable, but that wouldn't be fair...would it? ;)

ATOSSA RI FERLTELEVY

(#1 A botched ending?
#2 an unhappy compromise)

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
flame and
and flamingos
dream fun

for

managers damages

run, fun, sun, sin, gin....sheesh

RevisionIsTheKey

Sigh...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, you goofballs should be in bed at this time of night. That's where I was, but then I had a brilliant idea to finish off the plot outline for a novel and I have been typing away since 12:30. But here I am, so I will add clues:

l. Room service, as I am sure you know, refers to a hotel.
2. The song means there was a song that had to do with what was happening at the hotel. (So that indicates a movie is involved, but the scramble has to do more with the song.)
3. The activity in the hotel room involves people of two different generations.

:snoopy: See, even Snoopy has figured it out and is doing his happy dance to wish you luck!

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
MARGE AND FUNKLOINS...is a movie I don't want to see.