Anyone else got big goals for Labor Day weekend?

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
It's Labor Day weekend here in the States, and my company is taking Thursday through Monday off.

I'm here to announce, publicly, that my intention is to complete the first draft of my book over the next five days. I'm right at 50% with 22,000 words to go and think it's feasible since I already have my chapters outlined and my materials at hand. I'm laying in a supply of cheesy popcorn, Twizzlers, books, and CDs. It's ON!

Anyone else have some long weekend goals? Let's commiserate!

lauraannwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I have company all weekend ( Friday night to Monday night ), so my plans are no more involved than Korean BBQ for supper Saturday and Dim Sum for Brunch Sunday, and bookstores somewhere after that.

If I manage to get any writing done at all, it'll be awesome. ( I just need to figure out how to do without telling them I'm writing again... )

Good luck with your first draft!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I'm thinking we'll turn the board off for about 48 hours, and do the Big Software Upgrade.

hughhowey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.hughhowey.com
My goal was to be published by Labor Day.

My book went up on Amazon this morning!

It says "Out of stock," but the book is undergoing production as we speak. I've been jittery and manic all day.

Gonna be a great three-day weekend of celebrating by cranking out a few thousand words a day!!

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
Congrats, Hugh.

I'm 3/5 of the way done with my goal!!! Yesterday was a two-chapter day and I finished it out finger-sore and disoriented. Today should be better as I'm ramping it down to one chapter. Such a relief to have a big chunk of time off to work, work, work...

lauraannwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I got one scribble in a notebook session done, and no more. I have completely failed at BIC this weekend. But the house is just us again, and though I'm completely exhausted, I'm off soon to write a few scenes about the neighbors cat. Then I'll feel better about missing so much writing time.

Hope everyone's weekend was productive/enjoyable/positive :)

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
I just finished the first draft of my book!

Yes, it sucks, and yes, it is kind of incomprehensible at points, and yes, it is even too short, but...

I just finished the first draft of my book!

Feeling giddy and thrilled. Thanks for your support, everyone.