Masochists Anonymous - AKA The Courier Font Fanclub

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I like Courier. It's not a bad font. I write my manuscripts in Courier first and then decide if I want it in another font. Maybe it's because I have some attachments to the old word processors that I used when I started writing stories on DOS and Windows 3.1, back when I was a whipper-snapper in 1993.

Am I alone?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind Courier in other applications, but something about it here AW renders it too thin and light for me to comfortably read.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried Courier Dark?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dark Courier doesn't look like that in a Word document.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Courier Final Draft is readily available. I find Courier very readable, much more that Arial which is more decorative for me.

PS And yes, I do have Comic Sans as the default font in my Flash interface - in case I ever program any actionscript again. :( But I digress.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
I've used Courier ever since I started writing and use it for everything on Word. I even change everyone else's MSs into Courier when I'm asked to beta them.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well, once I met this woman online...

oh, wait? not that kind of masochists? nevermind.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like Courier. I like Times New Roman and if it's not available my second choice is second grader crayon.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My, the forum is quiet tonight. But, I sure do like this font here. Yep, I could just sit here and type on and on and on and enjoy the lovely compact spacing of the letters for hours. It's quite nice isn't it? Yeah, I knew you'd agree. I like how when you glance at it, it actually looks like words and not ink blots. Always a good quality in words, to have them look like words that is. Ink blots are hard to read unless you've done shrooms or are in direct contact with the big man. But words in Times New Roman are easy, breezy, beautiful. Like CoverGirl. I just remembered that I need to buy new mascara. I'm thinking of buying the black black instead of the brown black this time. I think I'm supposed to wear brown black, because that's my natural color, but I don't suppose it really matters since I die my hair anyway. Hey, what ever happened with that girl that was abducted and raised in a commune? I keep catching the end of the story when they don't tell you anything important, they just give a warm hand-off to the next reporter. I used to be a reporter. Not for TV though. For a newspaper. It was a very boring job. I had to write human interest fluff and I hated it. I once wrote an article about dolls made out of mopheads. It was truly craptacular. I'll show it to you sometime. Ahhhh, it sure is nice to sit and chat like this. It's rather relaxing. In fact, it's so relaxing that I'm getting a tad sleepy. Yes, I said I'm sleepy. You don't need to get all snotty about it. I wasn't commenting on you, but now that you mention it, you are a little on the dull side. All that yammering and nodding. For Pete's sake, say something interesting! What? You can't? It figures. Fine then, I'm just going to....TAKE THAT BACK! My mother did no such thing. Filthy little whore. Screw off. I'm going to bed.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
kayleamay. That large paragraph is so tiny a font that I wouldn't even bother to try and read it. :tongue

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
Love courier. I write all my work in courier 12, double spaced. :)

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is this better? I enlarged it. I still prefer this font though. Compact.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or how about this? For those who need the Reader's Digest Large Print Edition.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My, the forum is quiet tonight. But, I sure do like this font here. Yep, I could just sit here and type on and on and on and enjoy the lovely compact spacing of the letters for hours. It's quite nice isn't it? Yeah, I knew you'd agree. I like how when you glance at it, it actually looks like words and not ink blots. Always a good quality in words, to have them look like words that is. Ink blots are hard to read unless you've done shrooms or are in direct contact with the big man. But words in Times New Roman are easy, breezy, beautiful. Like CoverGirl. I just remembered that I need to buy new mascara. I'm thinking of buying the black black instead of the brown black this time. I think I'm supposed to wear brown black, because that's my natural color, but I don't suppose it really matters since I die my hair anyway. Hey, what ever happened with that girl that was abducted and raised in a commune? I keep catching the end of the story when they don't tell you anything important, they just give a warm hand-off to the next reporter. I used to be a reporter. Not for TV though. For a newspaper. It was a very boring job. I had to write human interest fluff and I hated it. I once wrote an article about dolls made out of mopheads. It was truly craptacular. I'll show it to you sometime. Ahhhh, it sure is nice to sit and chat like this. It's rather relaxing. In fact, it's so relaxing that I'm getting a tad sleepy. Yes, I said I'm sleepy. You don't need to get all snotty about it. I wasn't commenting on you, but now that you mention it, you are a little on the dull side. All that yammering and nodding. For Pete's sake, say something interesting! What? You can't? It figures. Fine then, I'm just going to....TAKE THAT BACK! My mother did no such thing. Filthy little whore. Screw off. I'm going to bed.

Better?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Courier New gives me more pages, but I send requested material in Times New Roman.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes I select the whole chapter and change it to Lucinda Handwriting for fun.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Love courier - gotta have it when writing manuscripts. Gotta. When I first started, I did all kinds of crazy stuff with my ms font an format, knowing I could change it before submitting... but now... gotta have my courier font. Makes me feel like a real writer.

Had a gal come up to me at work today and say "I know this is crazy, but is there any chance you recognize this font? I have to make this invoice look like it was printed on the old system..." (no, she wasn't doing anything illegal, just reprinting something from the old system onto new invoices and the old system font was too small) I nearly lit up when I recognized my old friend courier. Told her not only did I know it, but I knew it well. I have spent hours and hours with it. She looked at me strangely and walked away... but she got that invoice printed and it fit on the form.

ah... courier.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I recall Courier but never really liked it. I tend to use Georgia when I write or Palitino. I'm always messing around with fonts when I'm writing Mss. Calisto is another fave.

Last edited:

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Besides Courier, I also like the Trebuchet MS font.