I feel sick.

Reaction score
I just got an email from my aunt.

"Just got an email from your mother!"

And that was it. I said, "Good god, woman - you can't just drop the whore-bomb on me and leave it at that!"

Oh, so flippant. I was kinda hoping she'd crawl away and die in a ditch, or at least never show her face again, but...

Damn it. Why do people like that always pop up when you're pootling along just fine? When I got the email alert I felt sick. I hate that she does this to me after all these years.

I want to know but I don't want to know.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Aw dang it SP...

Real sorry to hear it.

Pssst...come here. Listen up. If you allow her to still have this kind of reaction on you...I mean your aunt got the email,....not you, then mom still holds the power over you. DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN. Instead, count your blessings that it was your aunt and not you that got the email and keep on heading on.

(I know, it's easy for me to say.) I learned a long time ago that as long as I have a reaction then I am not free. It makes no difference who it is.

Anyway.....(((((((YOU))))))

Reaction score
I know, I know, I know...I shouldn't let her. But it's like an automatic reaction of "MOTHER!" = *puke*

Apparently she 'just wanted someone to talk to' and doesn't understand why no-one in the family will speak to her.

Oh, and she did nothing wrong.

So...there's nothing wrong with stealing from your daughter, husband and mother, stabbing your own kid, beating her with broken-off chairlegs, hospitalising her as a toddler and blaming it on one of your many boyfriends...gah!

I shouldn't get this upset, but I am, dammit. 52 years old and she still refuses to acknowledge the role she played in the way her own life has turned out.

If she had a history of reliability and approachability I'd be more inclined to give a damn but...I feel like she's trying to put people on a guilt trip for treating HER badly and...and...well I don't know. But there it is.

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if I had those glasses and that facial hair....I would puke too.

lol Please post a different picture of yourself.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, SP. She obviously doesn't deserve it, but she's succeeded. She turned the knife in the wound. Please know we all feel for you.

Reaction score
I'll have you know I've been complimented many times over on my magnificent chinbeard.

ETA: Oh, and thanks Mumut. I'm trying to figure out how to stop letting her push my buttons but I've come to the conclusion if I didn't react with anger to an unfair situation I wouldn't be human. There's nothing wrong with believing her behaviour was (is) dishonourable, but...I don't know what else I feel. Regret? Sadness? Guilt? I'll try to shove it aside and get on with things. It just threw up some disturbing feelings of "Why won't anyone listen to ME for once?" And you all do. And you believe me (thank God). I've never thought anyone should automatically take one side of the story just because you're friends with a person, but it's such a relief to have people believe I'm telling the truth for once. People tend to turn a blind eye to tales of mothers beating up their own kids; at least they did in the 70s and 80s. I have the medical records and yes, the scars to prove it...Still, some people refuse to acknowledge it. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Writing, writing, writing. I have my writing. And...breathe...

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Lies SP....all lies. (Meaning the compliments...lol)

(;))

Last edited:

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
You're not alone SP, if that's any consolation. My husband's mother does something similar to him; she still can't see that she abused him and sees nothing wrong with putting her abusive ex-husband (not hubby's actual father) before her son and well, yeah, gets complicated.

You're not the one in the wrong, hold on to that, plus: you're not responsible for her. And it's ok to be upset.

Reaction score
Rarri, I think you hit on something there. I almost feel responsible for...something. I don't know what, but it's like, I feel she's saying, "If you'd only speak to me this situation could be okay."

On the other hand, there's the whole, "Well, if you hadn't kicked me in the kidneys so hard I peed blood for a week when I was ten, the situation would be okay."

(Sorry...don't mean to come out with a sob story...I'm just venting. GAH)!

Quick. Someone post a photo of Colin Farrell.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an email from my aunt.

"Just got an email from your mother!"

Damn it. Why do people like that always pop up when you're pootling along just fine? When I got the email alert I felt sick. I hate that she does this to me after all these years.

Does your aunt know you don't want anything to do with this individual?

You're a grown woman, not that little helpless child. Don't give her a second more of your time, or allow her to take anything more from you, physically, mentally or emotionally. She forfeited her right to be a part of your life.

She will never change. You can.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Tough love. I has it.:D

(Are you going to mention baboons soon)?

I harbor a special kind of hatred for anyone who would abuse a child and then act all wide-eyed and "who, me?" about it.

If you deem it necessary, the baboon army is yours to command(bustles and all.)

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Crikey, don't apologise, you've done nothing wrong.

The responsibility thing is a weird one, i just know that my husband has to be reminded of it frequently. Pardon the cliche, but don't be too hard on yourself, venting is good for the soul; well, either you release the pressure or explode...

Reaction score
At this point I would like to come over all mature and quote Martin Luther King, Jr:

"Don't hate. It's too big a burden to bear."

That is all.

Also, there's one thing she can never take away from me. My Colin Farrell DVD collection.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
*hug* SP vent away - if it helps you to deal with a situation that was not of your making. I hate the emotional blackmail that abusers use to try and make their victims feel that it was their fault.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a grandmother that's something like that. Not at the level of what you're describing, but still... Emotional blackmail, emotional abuse, guilt trips, etc. My mother still has a hard time with it. I've disowned the woman. Don't talk to you anymore. She tries to call occasionally, and sends me b-day cards, but I just ignore them. She still has the 'who me?' attitude too. :/

But I still feel the occasional twinge of guilt when I ignore her attempts, so I get that. In the end, though, I know I've said everything I can--or that I'm willing to--say. So I ignore on. I can't claim to know what you're going through--grandma is not nearly so bad as your mother--but I can offer hugs. :Hug2:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
SP, Anger comes from fear. In this case, it sounds like you have a legitimate reason to be both. Please, don't apologize to anyone, including yourself, for feeling like that. There's a reason most folks are afraid of fire, falling from heights, etc., yes? It doesn't make them wrong, does it?

Breathe, milady. Give yourself a break. And keep your wall of common sense well tended.

(Just, you know, be selective when you use it. The baboons may yet bring Colin home to you.) :)

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Sp, I really don't know what to say. Except I know you can be strong enough to rise above this, well I hesitate to use the word in this case, but this woman.

Did you want the Colin picture again?

Have a HUGE hug. Don't forget to lick his nipple
colinforsp.jpg

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
My father used to beat me with hockey sticks and baseball bats--once when I was 12 he put a belt around my neck and hung me over a door. It's why I tried to poison him when I was a kid.

The day I cocked back my fist and saw fear in his eyes it all went away. The fucked uo thing is that I approached the whole world with my fist cocked after that.

She's out of your life SP. NOW GET THE BITCH OUT OF YOUR HEAD.

That is all. Srsly.

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, SP, I mostly lurk these days but this thread brought me out. I was raised similarly and have worked really hard to protect myself and my family from interaction with the abuser. She actually tried to "friend" me on Facebook. It was like my computer was violated somehow and it was so out of the blue. I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or vomit. Fortunately, FB allows for blocking.

Anyway, you are not alone.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
*Digs out the Super Special SP Cheerer Upper Picture Of Colin (tm)*

164941__colin_l.jpg

Last edited:

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Us AWer's are always here if you need to vent. So vent away.

You've had advice from a lot of mature people here who know what they're talking about, and my young, naive brain has nothing else to add.

So I'm just going to send hugs your way instead...:Hug2:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your story makes me so glad that I have a mother who loves me and cares about me. It sucks what you had to go through as a kid. I feel for you. Try not to let her to have any control over you emotionally, even though it might be hard.

In the meantime, google over the man-pics posted above.