The Circle of Life meets bad timing

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I was picking my kids up from their grandfather's house yesterday after work, when I noticed the neighbour lady standing on her front lawn looking somewhat distraught. While I waited for the kids to buckle up, I wondered what might be wrong. Just then, her husband came around from the backyard carrying a yellow blanket. Inside the blanket was obviously the stiff body of a dead dog. Like when someone gives you a wrapped gift for your birthday in the shape of a tennis racket, most likely the thing IS a tennis racket. Its legs were all sticking straight up under the blanket and its head was lolling around. It was pretty big, maybe a 50 to 60 lb dog.

My daughter saw and piped up that she thought the dog might be sick. Yeah right, sick. My son was playing his hand-held video game and didn't notice. I mean, holy bad timing Batman.

It's the Circle of Life, kids. Get used to it.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I officially like animals more than people. So I ain't like hearing bout petdeath.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously?

Well its an exaggeration. But I can generally tolerate the vast majority of animals more than I can tolerate the vast majority of people :)

The general public irks me. I wouldn't go to a walmart at gunpoint.

I honestly don't know how my wife puts up with the general public on a daily basis, it would drive me crazy.

(Of course, the people I deal with on a general basis would probably drive her crazy, so it works out)

ETA: What is not to like about dogs?
Honestly, who are you rooting for in this picture? :)

Laser_pointer_dogbites.gif

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Well its an exaggeration. But I can generally tolerate the vast majority of animals more than I can tolerate the vast majority of people :)

I honestly don't know how my wife puts up with the general public on a daily basis, it would drive me crazy.

(Of course, the people I deal with on a general basis would probably drive her crazy, so it works out)

It's not the kid on the couch who deserves to get bagged. He's not tormenting the dog. It's the doofus with the laser pointer.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Laser_pointer_dogbites.gif

What's wrong with the ears?

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
What's wrong with the ears?
It's a Doberman. People clip/crop their ears so they stand up straight instead of flop down. Cruel, imo, but there's no evidence that the kid on the couch is responsible.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
It's a Doberman. People clip/crop their ears so they stand up straight instead of flop down. Cruel, imo, but there's no evidence that the kid on the couch is responsible.

lol

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk

Whoa, that's still legal in the US?

Mind you, they took their time banning it over here too.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I wonder who's the idiot with the laser pointer.

Knowing the youtube/jackass generation, it was all a set up and the kid isn't even really asleep. Either one person and a tripod, or more likely two other people are off camera.

The camera follows the action pretty well after the kid gets bit, keeping him in frame, so that makes me think two people.

It reeks of a set up from a technical standpoint, so the kid(s) are probably idiots.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
shut up. shut up. shut up.

post a warning in a thread that discusses the dying and the dog in the same post!

shut up!

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
Knowing the youtube/jackass generation, it was all a set up and the kid isn't even really asleep. Either one person and a tripod, or more likely two other people are off camera.

The camera follows the action pretty well after the kid gets bit, keeping him in frame, so that makes me think two people.

It reeks of a set up from a technical standpoint, so the kid(s) are probably idiots.

Makes sense.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on dial-up.

All I can see is a dog with no head.