I like to shred stuff

Reaction score
I have just shredded the last page of three complete and two half-written trunk novels.

Some day I may update, rewrite and edit them but I doubt it. (The very first book I ever wrote, I will rewrite, but I still shredded the pages because it needs to be rewritten from scratch, not from an earlier version).

I am free! :D

Reaction score
Yeah. They were crap. It's for the best.

I still have e-copies on both computers and backed up in several places, but at least they're not taking up room in several lever-arch files any more.

Reaction score
They were written in the dark, dark days before AW.

Around the year 4 B.A.W. or thereabouts.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
i am a speed demon. therefore, i shred.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
It takes a certain amount of jedi-mind-groove to be able to shred your work like that. I hope I'll be able to shred one day, but I'm not on that level yet.

Reaction score
I have no descendents and even if I did, I would wish to deny them the financial benefits of my braincleverz even from beyond the grave.

Reaction score
Not that brave. I have e-copies!

Also...I may salvage from my dead trunk novels. Bring some scenes and themes into play in later novels.

Ah well. I had to go through it to get to where I am today as a writer.

I wrote books 1-3 in my early twenties and the two half-novels in my late 20s, early 30s...I thought they were so fine...then in the past year I got to know tt42, ramped up my producivity and wrote like my face was on fire.

And now I see the 'halfies' for what they are - getting there, but still not quite good enough. Flashes of 'oh, that's good' on the odd page or throughout the occasional chapter, but overall just shy of the mark.

Nothing you ever write is wasted, and I don't need hard copy print-outs to still reap the benefits of having written them.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
pffft. wuss. i have deleted entire manuscripts on a whim. i have no copies. that is shredding. honey, that's shredded wheat now.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Shredding is fuuuuun.

Whiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr!

That's my impression of a shredder by the way. I'm not crazy.

Reaction score
I used to shred stuff at 5am, but now the noisy neighbour has done a bunk, is no fun. :(

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
She stole your funz! :(