Glory supporter! :tongue :)

We've been following the series, here.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I find nothing wrong in supporting the glory that is the Eng-uh-land team. So there.

I shall now hang on to my hat as a mod transports this thread over to the tail-end of the other (and meanwhile, I shall watch Freddie Flintoff swigging from his Champagne bottle once again on Sky).

Hurrah!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I'm silently judging you all

for starting a thread I do not understand.

my judgement is final

You're on a sticky wicket there, all right. Better watch out Old Hack doesn't york you, or you'll end up looking like Ricky Ponting at silly.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blimey. Even in the eighteen straight years that they were ours, you still kept 'em... howzat?! :Wha:

;)

Good on you, Pommies. If there's any solace for the Aussies to take from this, it's that Simon Katich stoutly refused to blame the "overbaked" wicket, crediting the English attack. You play the wicket, you take the decisions. For once, someone isn't blaming the groundskeeper or the umpires.

Justin Langer will have to eat every word of his intelligence report on the England XI. So be it.

See you in two years!

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I shall now hang on to my hat as a mod transports this thread over to the tail-end of the other (and meanwhile, I shall watch Freddie Flintoff swigging from his Champagne bottle once again on Sky).
He is The Enemy. But, ever since this moment, he's been a hero to me:

mbs_flintoff_wideweb__470x333,0.jpg

You're on a sticky wicket there, all right. Better watch out Old Hack doesn't york you, or you'll end up looking like Ricky Ponting at silly.
Anybody else think that Punter looks like a younger GWB, or is it just me?

Last edited:

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Blimey. Even in the eighteen straight years that they were ours, you still kept 'em... howzat?! :Wha:

Apparently the urn is too delicate to be moved once every few years. Museums regularly shunt Minoan relics around, but small Victorian flasks just can't take it (see Parthenon Marbles, the).

Australia's got great batsmen still, but their bowlers were too often shambolic. If you can't remove Jimmy Anderson or Mony Panesar in forty minutes, you've got problems.

Justin Langer will have to eat every word of his intelligence report on the England XI.

There's always at least one former Australian making unfortunate comments about the English. They usually get drunk, make rash bets and then have to walk down Oxford Street in Freddie Flintoff thongs singing Jerusalem.

See you in two years!

The ones in Australia don't count.

Anybody else think that Punter looks like a younger GWB, or is it just me?

I believe they're keeping a place in the Neighbours cast open for him.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely photo, Poet.

I'm surprised by how restrained the celebrations have been this time round. I've not seen a single shot of Mr Flintoff looking bladdered. It doesn't seem right, somehow!