What not to do when you are pregnant

Reaction score
As someone who has never been, nor ever will be (God and Colin Farrell's fecund ballbags permitting), I shall eat what I please.

Thank you. That is all.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I always thought food would not be a problem since I am skinny. Turns out it's not the weight, it's the fact that whatever you eat is essentially mainlined directly to a creature with the power to kick and punch you FROM THE INSIDE.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't eat chicken in any form...I couldn't touch it, be in the same room with it or look at it from a distance.

I did however eat a lot of Junior Mints without issue...and it showed on my ass. :)

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Anything fried.

*turns green at the memory*

Ellefire

Citizen Of Planet Random
Registered
Reaction score
Handy tip for breastfeeding mothers... orange juice. Not by the gallon. Gave the poor child awful colic, and me several really bad sleepless nights.

Millicent M'Lady

Exploring the infinite abyss
Registered
Reaction score
As someone who has never been, nor ever will be (God and Colin Farrell's fecund ballbags permitting), I shall eat what I please.

Thank you. That is all.

Did you know that eating a whole box of Junior Mints, Trebors or Polos could get ye pregnant though? Apparently, consumption of a lot of mints has been found to interfere with the Pill as they have a mild laxative effect when eaten in high enough amounts.

This has been a public service announcement from the Party for Prevention of Polo Produced Pregnancies.

Please return to your normal programming.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of women get heartburn when they're pregnant. Foods they used to be able to eat are suddenly not so doable anymore.

Plus, a lot of your organs get all squished up.

Doesn't that sound pleasant?

Last edited:

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
Yeah, I'm 9 months along now. (Speaking of which, why the *multiple expletives deleted* do they *MED* tell you pregnancy lasts *MED* 9 months when 40 weeks is much *MED* closer to TEN and feels like 15??? They should call it 2 years just to make us feel better.) I had an order of fish and chips followed by an entire 10 ounce box of baked butterfly shrimp a couple of nights ago. There may have been a king-size Payday in there somewhere, too, but if so I've blocked that part from my memory.

It wasn't pretty.

And yes, I gain between 45 and 60 pounds per pregnancy. Because I return to pre-pregnancy weight, do fine on blood sugar/protein/blood pressure tests, and bring a gun to my prenatal appointments, my midwife is okay with it.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Oh lord, I consumed all manner of things when pregnant. I'd go on binges and it was so wonderful at the time. But I didn't really gain weight (13 and 2 lbs respectively) with either pregnancy, so it was a license to eat anything and everything.

With Piper, I lived on hot wings and fresh fruit. I wouldn't touch meat hardly at all later. I'd take a 1/2 bag of frozen vegetables with a bit of butter, dash of salt and pepper, and chow down.

With Cadence, it was all steak and carbs. Vegetables made me nauseated for most of the pregnancy, though I did go on a salad binge there at the end.

Both kiddos love the foods from their respective in utero diets though, so be warned. As Piper's gotten older, she hardly eats meat at all. She'll ask for steak occasionally or a fried chicken leg (that's genetic, though), but she mostly lives on fruit, veggies, and cheese.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm 9 months along now. (Speaking of which, why the *multiple expletives deleted* do they *MED* tell you pregnancy lasts *MED* 9 months when 40 weeks is much *MED* closer to TEN and feels like 15??? They should call it 2 years just to make us feel better.)

In some countries, they say "ten lunar months," or just "ten months."

::Backs slowly away from the overly-pregnant woman with a gun.::

::Wonders if I should warn the other mods not to interfere with KCathy for the next 2-3 weeks.::

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Having never been pregnant and never planning on being so, I'll take your word for it.

I can however just say for anyone's reference, never eat a pound of chocolate fudge for breakfast.

Also never eat a boiled lobster washed down with a quart of lemonade, two oranges and a can of macadamia nuts.

Not pleasant.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Thank you. That is all.

I still wouldn't eat an entire package of dried apricots in one sitting ever again.

This is (unfortunate) experience speaking...

Reaction score
I've just about polished off another packet of Oreos.

Well, that's one thing America ever did right, exporting those beauties. NOM NOM NOM! :D