Something made me smile this morning.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
A few of you guys probably know that I have a sister who has been missing since December 1992 - Janaury 1993 In January last year I built a website dedicated to her where other people could list people they are trying to find.

Well, this morning I got an email from a mother who had listed her daughter on the site a while ago.

I wanted to inform you that my daughter Marissa Raney has been safely recovered. She is now home with our family! I want to THANK YOU in your efforts into helping us recover her! Our family appreciates you!

That is what made me smile.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, that's great and prayers for you, your sister and family. ((((((((HUGS, cooy)))))))).

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
A few of you guys probably know that I have a sister who has been missing since December 1992 - Janaury 1993 In January last year I built a website dedicated to her where other people could list people they are trying to find.

Well, this morning I got an email from a mother who had listed her daughter on the site a while ago.

I wanted to inform you that my daughter Marissa Raney has been safely recovered. She is now home with our family! I want to THANK YOU in your efforts into helping us recover her! Our family appreciates you!

That is what made me smile.

First, I want to say I am very sorry about your sister. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard that must be.

I am glad Marissa has been reunited with her family and I hope one day you will be reunited with your sister as well.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this smile. And prayers for your sister.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your sister! The website sounds like a great idea, and how wonderful for Marissa and her family. Big smiles :)

Millicent M'Lady

Exploring the infinite abyss
Registered
Reaction score
That's fantastic! I've always meant to say, but don't think I ever got around to it, that I am amazed at your ability to use an experience I can't even begin to imagine or describe to help people like Marissa and her family.:) I'm very much in awe of you for it.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
You guys are beautiful, and you know, well some do also. I have lost two younger sisters.

Tracey went missing and then about six years ago, our other sister Lisa was murdered by her boyfriend. He now serves 18 years in jail.

Tracey was six years younger then me, and Lisa three years younger.

When Tracey went missing, it basically tore our family completely apart, for a variety of reasons, and sadly she is not believed to be alive, atlhough justice has yet to be served or her body recovered. I only hope one day, our mother gets to put her youngest daughter to rest.

The header on the missing person site has both Lisa and Tracey on it.

Lisa is the girl on the left hand side, and the other two images are of a younger Tracey.

header_short.jpg

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

That is so sad. Good Journey to your sisters, and I wish y'all closure on the disappearance. It must be hard enough with them gone. :Hug2::Hug2:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You are such a sweet person. I am glad Marissa has been found and safely returned home. What a tremendous service you have started out of your own loss and tragedy. You are amazing, my friend.

Cooee :Hug2: I hope your family and you find closure soon.

Bless, bless...

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are beautiful, and you know, well some do also. I have lost two younger sisters.

Tracey went missing and then about six years ago, our other sister Lisa was murdered by her boyfriend. He now serves 18 years in jail.

Tracey was six years younger then me, and Lisa three years younger.

When Tracey went missing, it basically tore our family completely apart, for a variety of reasons, and sadly she is not believed to be alive, atlhough justice has yet to be served or her body recovered. I only hope one day, our mother gets to put her youngest daughter to rest.

The header on the missing person site has both Lisa and Tracey on it.

Lisa is the girl on the left hand side, and the other two images are of a younger Tracey.

header_short.jpg
You've had an unfair share of tragedy, and I identify with it, and it's hard. I think a lot of you, for the person you became in spite of it. I think the woman who found her daughter would agree with me.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I can't say I know how you feel because it's not nearly the same, but I had a cousin kidnapped and murdered a long time ago. Technically they never found the body so she could still be out there, but some guy confessed, so...yeah.

It's a great thing you've done though.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hey guys,

I don't want anyone to feel sad.

It honestly made me smile, because sometimes a little good can come from something horrible, if that makes sense. It makes me happy that, although we don't know where she is, anyone who visits the website sees them both, and it made me extremely happy that someone else has gained some satisfaction after their search.

Vodka time :)

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Out of your pain someone else gets a life-affirming relief. How wonderful for the family and for you that you were an instrument of it. Thank you for sharing.

My condolences and best wishes to you and your family.