How do you see yourself?

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting question isn't it? So how do you see yourself as compared to how others may see you?

I see myself as a warm, open, friendly and loving person but I'm sure others think differently.:D

Mudcat

Ba-chewy chomp
Registered
Reaction score
Harmless, socially inept weirdo who just doesn't quite fit in with things.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the - "Always seemed nice, pleasant, kinda kept to themselves.
Never imagined they do anything like that" - type.

You know:
Artist, friendless, tormented, miss-understood, no social skills,
must I go on?

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
ooh, ohh! I actually know the answer to this one...heard it all my life!

I see myself as a logic-driven intellectual who gets things done.

Others see me as a know-it-all showoff.

I see myself as a somewhat shy and reserved person who sometimes like to break out into joyous glee.

Others see me as a snobbish stuck-up who loses all sense of decency when drinking.

*sigh*

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I see myself as the Jack-and-Coke type of girl... others see me as the Vodka-Martini type.

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
I honestly don't know. No one has had the stones to tell me since a friend in HS said I was a bitch-- but in a nice way.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Strangers or acquaintances see me as conservative, my friends (people that really know me) see me as unique, kind, extroverted and a bit warped. (Normal is boring.)

I see myself as a wild woman living a conservative life....

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
People think I'm an extrovert. I'm not.

Mudcat

Ba-chewy chomp
Registered
Reaction score
To slightly twist a song lyric:

Some say I'm anti-social. Some say not anti-social enough.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
This is a tough question to answer. I think other people think of me as weak, unreliable, stupid and invisible. There are days when I think I'm the biggest loser on the planet and am harsher than any one else has ever been, and other days when I think I'm just a waste of life but no more than that. It sounds really crazy thinking of it like that, but I don't feel angry or bitter about it; it's just how it is. I don't take it out on others or anything. I think I'm nice in my words and actions. :)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried to avoid wondering ever since my 5th grade friends called me up and said I skated annoyingly and they didn't like my belt.

I'll defend that belt till the end of my days ;)

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I've heard lots of opinions of how people view me, some good and some bad . . . I view myself as a shadow, a doormat, and novice.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
i'm pretty freaking happy with me.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I'm that odd red-head in the corner, no not that red-head, the one with the long frizzy hair and a bit of bangs falling over her right eye, who insists on breaking all the rules here by wearing no makeup and barefeet with my sneakers whilst the other moms at school are made up, done up, and what I consider almost dressed up but what they consider average attire to run and pick kids up from school. I'm sorry, heels are for dress up in my world.

Ohhhh... you mean under the outside...

In that case -- I see myself as a sarcastic, impatient, marcher/skipper/spinning top to my own string quartet cuz I don't like the beat the majority's drummer is beating. I'll talk to anybody if I think they'll get what I'm saying without having to explain it and I'm happy with my recent internal make over -- took me like 3 years to do it, but it's done. I think... Ooops, there is that over there I don't like.... So, I'm almost done.

Other people -- in my area -- give me the impression they don't think about me so much (which is all well and good) but when they do, they consider me a bit of a snob/stuck up as I don't strike up conversation with most of them, an odd litle freakazoid who seems happy to drive the only "sports car" in a parking lot of mini vans and SUVs, and is hopelessly out of style in regards to hair, clothes, and shoes.

:D

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I see myself as the Jack-and-Coke type of girl... others see me as the Vodka-Martini type.

Oooo! Oooo! I was the Jack-and-Coke type of girl!
and the Bill & coke,
and Bob & coke,
and Fred & coke
and...

heh,

um,

nevermind =)

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
When I am in belly dancer mode, I see myself as confident and self-assured. Others have said I seem stuck-up. I hate that confidence is mistaken for arrogance. Then again, in my business, there are a lot of women who dance to feel good about themselves so I suspect their comments are based more on their own feelings as opposed to me personally.

When I am in normal person mode, I am shy (even though the Horror Hounds probably don't believe me) and I've had people say I'm a bitch because at a party where I know perhaps one or two people, I will sit quietly off to the side and watch people, as opposed to striking up conversations with a stranger. I am not that quiet with people I know, just those I don't.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
I don't see myself as anything but an extension of my family. I don't know what to be except Mom. I don't work outside the home, I don't drive, I don't leave my house very often or for very long when I do unless I absolutely must. I'm shy, introverted. I dislike being the center of attention... it flusters me and makes me uncomfortable. I don't like change or meeting new people. I don't care for people in general; most people are stupid conceited idiots that think too much of their over-stuffed selves. I'd like to take them all down a notch or two. However, when I see an injustice, I am fierce and frightening. And if I get angry, I even scare myself.

Others see me as a kind person, soft-hearted. Because I'm quiet and rarely raise my voice, people tend to think I'm mousy and gentle. Just your all around good person.

How wrong they are.