Discontinued things

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I may very well be the Queen of Discontinuation. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When I love a product, chances are excellent that one day(in the very near future) I'll stumble into the store only to discover my beloved item is no longer made or stocked. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I cry, I beg, I offer ritual human sacrifice, and then I wind up having to hit the internet to see if I can find my beloved product that way. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Some of the things that I can no longer find:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Kors, by Michael Kors(perfume--ok, I can buy it online, but it's still discontinued in stores)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Old style Levi's 501s--not the cruddy ones they sell today.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lancome Impactive moisturizer(although you'd have to pry my Hope in a Jar out of my cold dead hands now. If they quit making that, I'm going to stampede Philosophy headquarters with my baboon-filled hot air balloons.)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Samboy's Tomato Sauce flavored chips.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Tell me I'm not alone. What do you love that's been discontinued?[/FONT]

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Avon had a lipstick out in the perfect colour for me and they stopped making it *cries* The bastards!

Max Factor cosmetics that are no longer sold in Canada.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
The old Finesse,
The old Green Tea shampoo and conditioner by Alberto VO-5,
Tatiana (perfume) by Diane Von Furstenburg,
Pants that stay up, by the makers of pants that don't fall down
Pants and jeans in my size, before vanity sizing came in
The worst was Germaine Monteil discontinuing a moisturizer that actually worked when I was 14. I cried for years over that one. (A one oz. bottle lasted a year!)

Yes, I know your pain.

Last edited:

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Revlon Streetwear nailpolish in Moss. I have two bottles left in my hoard, and I only wear it on special occasions. Some other greens are close, but it was just the right color to not make my skin look horrifically pink or sallow. People always ask me what brand/color it is.

Sigh.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not quite the same thing . . .

But I disliked it when Lands' End went from being almost a mom-and-pop operation selling select clothing items made in the UK to a major retailer to finally a division of Sears (and who apparently hasn't heard that pleated pants aren't as "in" as they once were).

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Hugo Vanelli perfume, by that name - not his other stuff.

Carnation Breakfast Bars, from my childhood. *drools & cries*

Pretty much any shoe I've ever really liked that worked with my crooked, wonky toes!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
A1 had a sweet and tangy steak sauce that was out of this world. Poof! Gone.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Big Extra burger from Mc'd's ......

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I loved this cereal called Big Mixx. Big Mixx the mascot was a sort of half tasmanian devil/half sasquatch creature. Big Mixx the cereal was like granola but a million times better. I was really busted up when they stopped making it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everybody in the US of A Certain Age say it with me:

PILLSBURY SPACE FOOD STICKS.

The astronauts ate them! How could Pillsbury be so HEARTLESS and stop making them AND LET THE ASTRONAUTS STARVE?!

I had the fortune of standing behind a woman at a gas station cash register the other day. She was driving around town and buying up all of the Trident White pina colada-flavored gum she could find. Apparently when Target stops carrying something, so goes the rest of the world.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Pizza flavoured potato chips.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Chili's Awesome Blossom

267672163_387befdc87.jpg

Last edited:

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I used to wear Revlon lipstick and every shade I fell in love with was eventually discontinued. I switched to MAC and I hate when I find the perfect shade in one of their limited run collections. Then I found this great shimmery powder (Revlon Skinlights) for my skin - it added shimmer, not glitter, and was perfect to use for work. Discontinued. Loreal made a shimmery body lotion, again, shimmery, not glittery (I'm a belly dancer and I'm not trying to look like showgirl. If I were a showgirl, I would want the glitter!). Discontinued. I used to use a specific hair gel. Again, that D word. It's like everything cosmetic I fall in love with eventually gets the axe. Frustrating.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Parachute pants.

Oh, and neon t-shirts.