Pain in the lower left side of stomach... not appendicitis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonjaCecilie

Norwegian fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
I've had this pain in the lower left side of the stomach and the area around my navel since yesterday. It hurts so much that it doesn't help with painkillers, and I've passed out a couple of times from the pain. I've allso thrown up a couple of times this morning (it's 10.30 AM here).

I thought that I may be experiencing appendictis. But I looked it up on wikipedia and there it sais that symthomes of appendicitis includes pain on the lower RIGHT side of the stomach.

Does anybody know what this is? I'm a little nervous, and it's impossible to get threw to my doctor.

I'm all alone at home, so this is not fun at all. I will not call an ambulance if it prooves unnecessary, and I don't have a car, so I can't go to the hospital without one.

Please answer!

Last edited:

RonjaCecilie

Norwegian fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I've thrown up for the third time now.

Can it be appendicitis even though the pains are on the left side of the stomach?

If someone have had appendicitis or knows anything about this pain I'm having, please tell me WTF's wrong with me. :(

My stomach is also making weird sounds, and it feels like knives is going horizontally between my navel and my left side.

And no; its not menstrual pain.

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Appendicitis pain often starts on the left and drifts to the right. Get thee to a doctor pronto. Don't sit around getting medical advice from the internet.

Also, with the weird noises, it could be intestinal spasms.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like the colon area. Diverticulitis or something on that level. Can be veryyyyyy painful and can cause you to throw up...bend over double with pain.....feel like someone is slicing you through with a knife.

You should go to hospital and see a dr.

RonjaCecilie

Norwegian fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Quick update. I'm at the hospital now, confined to a quite comfy bed. They are running some bloodthingies and I'm up for a utrasound of my stomach. I took my laptop with me. :p

They can't tell me whats wrong yet. of course.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the update....hope all goes well.

Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.