Hello new and kinda lost

Createyou78

Registered
Reaction score
Just saying hi my name is Bobby
Wrote a novel a few months back like I'm sure all of you have done. That part wasn't really hard, the hard part is what do I do now? Don't know anything about the publishing world. I enjoy writing and do it for long periods of time everyday. But, I would like others to see what I've done. Once again like all of you I'm sure.

So HELP

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

At the bottom of the page is a 'forum jump' ...hit the arrow and you will see all the different areas you can go to. The SYW is all password protected with the word ...vista....

Find what area you want and check out the main 'sticky' and see what the rules are for that area....good luck.

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the accomplishment and welcome! :)

OrgChaos

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:
Hi Bobby! From one newbie to another, your first stop should be the Show Your Work forum. They have soooo much information there...anything you could possibly want including tips and feedback.
Good luck and congrats on the novel!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

There are different things to do now. Has your book been edited? If not, that is a must. You can ask for a Beta Reader or just post some sample pages in SYW, as already mentioned.

If you're interested in acquiring an agent check out Backgrounds and Bewares, also the websites Preditors and Editors and Agent Query to find an agent and check their reputation.

Good luck

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, CY!

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! You definitely want to look into the critique sections, b/c the ppl there are tough, but fab. Also, there's a lot of information on freelancing, agents, publishing, etc. Anything you need to know will be right here. Good luck!