PDA

View Full Version : I Saw an AWer in a Movie!

Diana Hignutt
06-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Really, I did. Well, I didn't really see the person, but I saw many copies of this persons books...Portugease editions!

Maybe everybody around here knows this...maybe not.

I'm home (allegedly detoxing again) yesterday, I'm channel surfing, and hit upon the documentary film Trekkies 2, just beginning. Good film, but that's completely besides the point. The film is obviously about the cultural phenomenon of Star Trek.

They were talking to the number #1 publisher of Star Trek books in (I think Brazil) and he was holding a copy of one of Ann Crispin's books, while sitting in front of a huge pile of them on his desk. When I saw "A. C, Crispin" I started shouting to my poor spouse, "I know her!"

Well...I was excited.

A shout out to Ann!

Millicent M'Lady
06-26-2009, 08:23 PM
That's so cool! Go Ann! Go Ann! :snoopy:

Calla Lily
06-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Woo-hoo, Ann!

ChunkyC
06-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I've seen that movie, but didn't catch that. Anne RAWKS!

Diana Hignutt
06-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I've seen that movie, but didn't catch that. Anne RAWKS!

Is is Anne with an "e"? Damn, I always get that wrong. It doesn't matter which way your name is, I am assured of guessing incorrectly on the "e". Damn.

maestrowork
06-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Way cool!

(but pssst, go rent the movie Roommates if you want to see a real AW in person. :) )

ChunkyC
06-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Now why did I know you were going to say that? ;)

ChunkyC
06-27-2009, 02:21 AM
Is is Anne with an "e"? Damn, I always get that wrong. It doesn't matter which way your name is, I am assured of guessing incorrectly on the "e". Damn.
Dang, now I'm not sure needer....

Ah, you were right Diana. It is Ann without an E. Found her on the writer beware site.

Diana Hignutt
06-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Dang, now I'm not sure needer....

Ah, you were right Diana. It is Ann without an E. Found her on the writer beware site.

AHA! I knew it!