A Mad Writing Newbie

WarrenS

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Warren Stallworth, and I've been lurking around these boards for a good while. In fact, I've used a lot of the information contained here to help on my road to publication (I'm crossing my fingers it happens soon).

Anyway, I thought it was about time to sign up! So here I am!

I've finished a couple novels, but it wasn't until the one I just finished that I felt any of my writing was good enough for publication. I'm currently working on another novel while I shop that one around.

Recently, I started doing a podcast, too. My wife and I do a video podcast, and we also do an audio podcast. The video podcast talks a little bit about my trying to get published, as well as some of the things that inspire me, and the audio podcast takes my writing and puts it in spoken form. It's mostly very short or flash fiction.

Well, I'm excited to get to know people around here, and see what every else is doing. Take care, everyone!

EdwardL

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Warren and welcome to AW. I'm new here myself, but it pleases me to welcome you to this wonderful community. - just a personal welcome, i'm not speaking on behalf of everyone here. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy your stay here!

Pardon me for asking, but what is your type of writing? What do you like to write about in your novels?

WarrenS

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I really enjoy writing fantasy and science fiction. To get more specific, I enjoy taking a slightly steampunk slant in my fantasy, though people don't typically wear the stereotypical "steampunk" clothing. As for science fiction, I'm a fan of space opera, but I tend to try to keep creatures more "human" in nature. Lately, though, I've been experimenting with different things, so I wouldn't be surprised to see myself write a one off of something that isn't anything like those two genres.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Warren! Best of luck to you :)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

C.H. Valentino

Wording!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chvalentino.com
My eyes scanned this and got "my wife and I podcast...."

And my heart went... "Awww....that's so sweet. Monogomy is so rare in podcasts...."

And then I thought, "Hey! What kind of place do you think this is!"

Welcome.

Enjoy.

WarrenS

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I didn't get a chance to log back in until today. I'm usually a lurker, but I think I'll start posting some of my work up on here so that I can get opinions/advice on my writing.

The popcorn is great, by the way. Om nom nom.