Hello from Melbourne

Adam Sharp

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Welcome to my first post. I am a music journalist from England, currently living in Melbourne. I joined up here months ago and have finally figured it out, I think; I am in no danger of being described as technologically advanced. There seems to be lots of interesting and knowledgeable people on this forum so I look forward to discussing books and writing with some of you.

Adam

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely to have your presence, Adam Sharp :)

redasphalt

Lost In A Sea Of Ideas With No Pen
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Welcome to my first post. I am a music journalist from England, currently living in Melbourne. I joined up here months ago and have finally figured it out, I think; I am in no danger of being described as technologically advanced. There seems to be lots of interesting and knowledgeable people on this forum so I look forward to discussing books and writing with some of you.

Adam

Well hello from one ex pat to another! You'll love these forums, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

In a question unrelated to writing, where abouts in England are you from? I came from Manchester and am currently residing in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

Adam Sharp

Registered
Reaction score
Well hello from one ex pat to another! You'll love these forums, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

In a question unrelated to writing, where abouts in England are you from? I came from Manchester and am currently residing in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne :D

I am from Manchester too! And now I live in the South-Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. I grew up in Audenshaw, next to Ashton-under-Lyne. Which part of Manchester are you from? How long have you been living in Australia? I think I will love these forums, everyone seems very friendly indeed.

Adam

redasphalt

Registered
Reaction score
I am from Manchester too! And now I live in the South-Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. I grew up in Audenshaw, next to Ashton-under-Lyne. Which part of Manchester are you from? How long have you been living in Australia? I think I will love these forums, everyone seems very friendly indeed.

Adam

Audenshaw??? This is awesome, I'm from Denton!! I went to Egerton Park High School and Ashton Sixth Form College hehe. I've been in Australia two years now, moved over here since my husband is Australian. How long have you been over?

Adam Sharp

Registered
Reaction score
Audenshaw??? This is awesome, I'm from Denton!! I went to Egerton Park High School and Ashton Sixth Form College hehe. I've been in Australia two years now, moved over here since my husband is Australian. How long have you been over?

I used to go to Denton Baths and Denton Library all the time. I had a few friends who went to Ashton Sixth Form. I went to Audenshaw High and Hyde Clarendon College. I’ve not lived in Manchester for over ten years now though. I went to University in Newcastle, came to Australia for a year backpacking, and then went back to Newcastle for a year. I moved to Melbourne about seven years ago. Not been back since. Have you gone back at all in the last two years?

Adam

redasphalt

Registered
Reaction score
Went back last year and going back again this year for a friend's wedding. I miss the place sometimes, then I remember how much it used to rain XD

I used to love Denton Baths, not much has changed over there, cept for the Crown Point Shopping Center, it's bloody huge.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Adam - I'm sure you'll find many, er, unknown pleasures here.

I'm an expat as well, but in Sydney and from the US. And, after sixteen years, perhaps I can't claim that title anymore! Anyway, welcome!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

C.H. Valentino

Wording!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chvalentino.com
(Shoves Adam Sharp!)

HEY, NEWBIE!

Redasphlat is MY friend.

Yeah, ya heard me.

Wanna fight me for her? Come show your stuff in SYW... password is vista.

CHV