Me too!

Wayland

Confused
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. Yes I'm a newbie. I was told very emphatically by my author to join this forum (It's FUN!) even though I'm not much of a writer. Mostly I'm an ideas backboard and first reader. Only one short story published 3 years ago in an online e-zine. (Knowing what I know now, it was a signal act of mercy. I wouldn't have published it!) Anyway, here I am, ready to learn. (And have FUN!) When does the FUN part start?

Wayland

Wayland

Confused
Registered
Reaction score
Thank'ee, thank'ee. (Bobs head, pulls forelock.) I will check out SYW, my author is just starting the outline for a new novel while waiting to hear from publishers, so I have a bit of free time to look around and see what other people are writing. I'll definitely hit the Office Party too, especially if I get to wear a lampshade.

Wayland

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Glad to have a reader here. Are you sure you aren't a writer though? You strike me as a writer -in-denial. :) In any case...

Out the door, one lampshade each. Line on the left.

Wayland

Confused
Registered
Reaction score
Popcorn? I'll take a double heart attack special with extra salt and butter.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. As I am new to social networking sites, please bear with me. If I do manage to step on my lower lip, just smack me between the eyes and explain what I did in words of one syllable. I should get the idea quickly after that.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Popcorn? I'll take a double heart attack special with extra salt and butter.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. As I am new to social networking sites, please bear with me. If I do manage to step on my lower lip, just smack me between the eyes and explain what I did in words of one syllable. I should get the idea quickly after that.

yep. sorry. you're a writer. You have all the symptoms. :D

If you're unsure about the social networking thing, you can check out the newbie guide (link at the top of the forum.)

Wayland

Confused
Registered
Reaction score
Writer? Me? Oh, no, you must have mistaken me for my evil twin, Curmudgeon. He thinks he's a writer. I would never claim to be a writer, oh, no, no, not me. Possibly a hack, but not a writer. My grammar, punctuation and spelling aren't nearly good enough. I haven't enough imagination either. Nope, not a writer. Not even a little. Just a reader.

I've been through the Newbie Guide, and it seems that it's simple enough. Just be careful and courteous and everything will be all right.

I'm having so much fun on this thread I haven't been able to get anywhere else much. Gotta go see about that lampshade.

Wayland