Hey - another newbie here (duh!)

RJ98

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

What can I say...?

...It's a cliché, but writing has always been my thing - not necessarily my career thing, thanks to a really vanilla career's day, which omitted the arts, and was basically brainwashing everyone into believing we were all destined for Admin jobs. It took awhile, but I finally realized (with a little help from a friend) that I could make it my career, so, flash forward three years, and I graduated in Screenwriting & Journalism. Cue recession. Bad timing for me.

I used to focus on writing for TV, but I've discovered a love for feature writing. I'm predominantly a drama writer, w/ other genres thrown in for good measure - thriller, romance, fantasy, crime.

Oh, and I suck at comedy.

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
I love drama--when it's funny... (just kidding) Welcome:welcome: We've got copious amounts of drama here,;) (and all the other genres too) so you should find a niche somewhere. Oh, and I noticed you spelled newbie wrong, but that's why people ask me to beta read for them!:D LOL. *whispers aside:* Seriously, it's an advertising technique! That way more people will actually read the title! Heh heh.

Not to worry, this is not the Newbie Letter Hell--that comes when you ask for feedback on your query. Muwahahaha...:e2brows:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, 'nebie'! (Typos in subject lines tend to linger, although admins can correct them. Not to worry; we all make 'em.) A pleasure to have you join us.

Maryn, passing out muffins and juice

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
...It's a cliché, but writing has always been my thing - not necessarily my career thing, thanks to a really vanilla career's day, which omitted the arts, and was basically brainwashing everyone into believing we were all destined for Admin jobs. It took awhile, but I finally realized (with a little help from a friend) that I could make it my career, so, flash forward three years, and I graduated in Screenwriting & Journalism. Cue recession. Bad timing for me.

You and me both

Welcome, and congrats on breaking free from the chains of admin....

RJ98

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the welcome.

Can't believe I misspelt newbie - how embarrassing! But thanks to a mod - *shovels dirt over nebie grave* - that's all been covered up, nicely.