HI!

ESL

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. Just have a few questions. First, do you post your work here to have it looked over by other writers? If so, how long do you expect to hear from them? Is there any rules when posting? Or is this a place just to meet other writers? Thanks. By the way, my name is Emma.

Fokker Aeroplanbau

Registered
Reaction score
Website
negationcorner.blogspot.com
I know a lot of people who post links to their work but generally speaking; novels aren't posted on here. Way too long, usually - to read through them all. However if you have a blog, or a website you can feel free to post it here; that's what most do.

You can meet writers here, ask for criticism but also share goals, relate your journey publishing, that sort of thing.

The time is usually fast - there's a lot of people on here all willing to hand out some advice. That's why this site is so good. :)

Marie

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Hi, Emma!

You can post the first chapter or so of your work in the Share Your Work forum and maybe then try to find a beta reader.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

For Share Your Work the password is vista but be prepared for honest feedback, including some that might be harsh if necessary. No one is being mean when they say things, they are just trying to help your writing. You pretty much get feedback that day or within a day or two. There is another section where you can ask for a Beta reader.

storylady

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome & if you read the newbi rules it will go over alot of that stuff

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome... Before posting work in the SYW forums take the time to read the rules on posting there.

ESL

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I can't find the "Share Your Work" forum. The website isn't that user-friendly. What is a beta reader?

ESL

Registered
Reaction score
"Share Your Work" Forum? I can't seem to find it. What is a Beta reader? Your help is much appreciated.

Marie

Registered
Reaction score
"Share Your Work" Forum? I can't seem to find it. What is a Beta reader? Your help is much appreciated.

If you go to the "forum jump" box at the bottom of the page and roll down a little more than half way the "Share Your Work" forum is under the AW writing lab. It has sub forums where you post your work in their genre, like Young Adult or Science Fiction. The password for Share Your Work(SYW) is vista.

A beta reader is someone who reads your whole book and sort of helps clean it up. There is a forum here where you can find a beta reader but I don't know which one it is.

EDIT: The beta forum is beta readers, mentors and writing partners. It's about a fourth of the way down.

Last edited: