A little...i mean a lot of help please

dreammaker

making dreams everyday.
Registered
Reaction score
In a dark convoluted misty place in my mind
yes, u see i have these stories i make up in my mind and i really wanna know what the world thinks. So i was thinking if any of u would be kind enough to spare the time and read through my stories and say how they are please respond to me....i wud be happy to type them out and send a mail to u.....oh.....where have my manners been....hi,u can call me the dreammaker...i am new and very very enthusiastic.........and it was a a pleasure meeting u all,it really was.I love u all.we should have dinner sometime.Did i say i love u all??oh and do respond

jerry phoenix

Almost expert!
Registered
Reaction score
err, hi dreammaker.

ok, so you have stories in your head, well that is where they all start. next step, if you want the world to read and enjoy them, is to write them out, or invent a mindreading machine.

once you have writen them out (assuming you dont invent that machine) people can read them. post them in SYW and ask for AW members to read them and give you some feedback.

after writing them and getting feedback you get to rewrite them. this is the key to writing entertaining stuff 'writing is rewriting' as the man said.

thatll keep you going for a while.

JP

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: dreammaker!

I hope you enjoy your time here. And to help you enjoy it even more, I would suggest visiting us at Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread . We have cookies, breakfast, drinks, karaoke, and good natured fun!

No matter what kind of stories float amidst your marbles, they are great to write down and this is a great place to help you with all of that and more!

~Christine

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

SYW is Share Your Work password-vista

There are sub forums for each genre and you post a sample of your work to get honest feedback. A caution though, in SYW you get really honest feedback, including some that can be harsh. It isn't to be mean or nasty it is to help you become a better writer, write a better query, summary, etc.