creeeeaaaakkkk.....

battypip

Registered
Reaction score
Website
battypip.wordpress.com
... the door opens slowly and BattyPip pokes her head nervously through the gap ...

Hi guys! Just thought I'd say hello, I've brought doughnuts (with the ugh as I'm from the UK) and Diet Coke, please help yourselves.

um... about me... I had a bit of a mid-life crisis at the end of 2007, got made redundant just over a year ago, and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me. A dear friend told me to follow my dream, so I signed up for a creative writing course... ended up registering for a BA... and hopefully will start making some money at it soon so I can carry on living the most wonderful life. I guess insecurity is the price I'm paying, but I can cope with that.

So, where do I start?

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Sounds like it's time to oil the door again.

Welcome to AW! Thanks for the doughnuts/donuts however they're spelled. Lots of great information here. What sort of writing are you interested in?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

battypip

Registered
Reaction score
Website
battypip.wordpress.com
Good point, I didn't say anything about what I write, did I? d'oh.
So far I've mostly written short stories, verging on the surreal. I've started writing poetry but I'm not very good at that yet (although I love it). And I've got a novel more or less planned out and the first couple of chapters written, I'm hoping to get stuck into that over the summer when I'm not studying. It's fantasy, but set in the real world (kind of Kate Mosse Labyrinth style).
I've also started writing a blog about the process of learning how to write, which is entertaining me even if not many people read it!

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Welcome! (Don't tell bettilee we have doughnuts. You KNOW how much fairies like doughnuts...there will be none left! Shh. Here she comes)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Marcus

sept 5th and I'm Out
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
nice to see new folks. this website certainly gets a lot of fresh faces. Good luck with your writing. This is one of the most active website forums I've ever posted on. Good luck keeping up lol :)