Hello from a crazy writer

CowgirlPoet

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new...very new... ;)

I enjoy writing historical fiction. Special interests include the Second World War (emphasis on England, Blitz, and all things RAF) and Westerns with a odd twist.

I enjoy researching, horseback riding, being outdoors, and sharing critiques with other writers.

This looks like a great forum! Thanks to the people who run it and keep it going!

Tika

Old kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thistlewoodpubllishing.com
Welcome to AW :)

In case you care, my uncle Joseph Newman wrote Goodbye Japan. He was a foreign news correspondant and was on the last ship out before Pearl Harbor got bombed. He had his wife Mary with him too. I think had I been her, I probably would have left him there.

Enjoy your time here :)
Tika

Last edited:

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hi there, and welcome to the Cooler! I also write historical fiction (my favorite centuries being the 16th-17th-18th) - and I had a grandfather who lived through both World Wars and had a lot of stories to tell.

Nickie

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

My grandfather was a sapper in WWII. He got out of Dunkirk a few days before it turned into an almighty disaster. The stories I heard (never from him, always passed on from my grandmother and mother) were enough to put a person off a career in the military for life. A second-cousin is in the RAF at the moment, so I get lots of stories from him as well. All of which is good for a writer...

You'll like this place.

CowgirlPoet

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome!!

WOW!!! I was amazed to hear about the WW2 family stories!!! I had an uncle who served with the US Army from 1941 to 1945--he was at D-Day and Metz and other places...I just was given a collection of 30 letters he wrote home to my grandmother while he was overseas. Treasure beyond treasure!

I would LOVE to talk with some of you about WW2! Is anyone interested?

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome!!

WOW!!! I was amazed to hear about the WW2 family stories!!! I had an uncle who served with the US Army from 1941 to 1945--he was at D-Day and Metz and other places...I just was given a collection of 30 letters he wrote home to my grandmother while he was overseas. Treasure beyond treasure!

I would LOVE to talk with some of you about WW2! Is anyone interested?

I'm always up for talking about WW2, having just started querying a WW2 Historical Romance. :D

Welcome to AW, btw.

CowgirlPoet

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

firedrake: wow, neat!! Do you have a topic going or something? I am interested in all aspects of WW2 and always appreciate talking it over and learning all the new things!

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

firedrake: wow, neat!! Do you have a topic going or something? I am interested in all aspects of WW2 and always appreciate talking it over and learning all the new things!

I can't think of any topics going at the moment.
If there's anything about the war you want to talk about, just start a thread in 'Historical', there's two or three others who've been working on WW2 stuff. I'd be willing to bet a few would wade in. :)

There's bits and pieces of excerpts from some of the WW2 novels we've been working on in Historical SYW too.

CowgirlPoet

Registered
Reaction score
Great! I'll check that out. Would it be okay to start just a general WW2 topic?

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome..you will soon become addicted. I happen to like WWII very much..haven't written about it, but am a history major!!!