Hi there, I'm scared...

MrMajusty

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, just wanted to introduce myself and surround myself with a bunch of artist and writers.
Umm.. I'm not really much of a writer, but I just started writing a story just a few days ago and I wanted to receive advice and input from other writers.
I'm a bit scared of how my work will come off as, but that's why I'm here, to become better.
I haven't read many books, I can't even remember some of the books I have read. I draw a lot though, but I'm not very good.
Back in high school, I used to rap and write poetry, but that was high school.

Anyways, enough about myself. Since I'm fairly new, I have a few questions which I'm sure may have been answered.
Such as: I'm writing a story but I'm not sure if it's "so far, so good" material, can anyone critique my work so far?
I would also like to become a better writer as I explore this medium to express my artistry. And I'm always looking for criticisms and guidance.

Anyways, hi.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.
First, you have our permission to write badly. The important thing is to write.
Just like you become a better golfer by playing a lot of golf, you become a better writer by practicing writing.

If you want anyone to crit your story, make it the best you can before posting it in SYW. < Share your work board.

(Hint) Read the (Leran writing with Uncle Jim) thread in the novel's board.
From beginning to end.

Writing is a lot of fun. That's the reason you should write.

Good luck.

MrMajusty

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah it is a lot of fun. I've had many crazy ideas and stories in my head. I first wanted to make video games based off these ideas, but I instead chose to actually write the stories first.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Talking for myself, reading and submitteing to SYW has really improved my work. Also reading the work of others and commenting is a very interesting and helpful exercise. So join in and make the most of this awesome site.

yakkity

"what?"
Registered
Reaction score
Don't be scared.

Like you, I'm relatively new to these boards, and some of the nicest people on the 'net hang out here. I took the risk and posted on SYW and got helpful critiques. Give it a try.

Welcome aboard.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

TDGatt

Hold on, It's a bumpy ride..
Registered
Reaction score
WELCOME! Glad I'm not the only newbie in here. Been here a few days and I can't get enough. You will find this forum to be to your liking. There is more here than you can imagine. Look through the newbie threads, its a great place to start...

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Hi Mr. Majusty,

This place can be scary and overwhelm ing in the beginning. Then you'll discover there are a lot of pleasant supportive people around here.

Feel free to ask for help anytime. There is a thread for almost everything here.