Bobster Arrives

Bobster

Think loose, write tight!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! I feel like I'm being born all over again, popping in from cyberspace to a brave new world (pun intended, I reckon).

I've lived in Tennessee since 1980 (save for five years in cold, cold Dayton, Ohio, beginning in 2001), and most of my writing experience has been with songs (www.soundclick.com/bobbyjoedemos). No big hits to speak of, but I've had a Jim & Jesse (bluegrass) cut and about 10 indie artist recordings. However, I'm here to pursue fiction writing interests.

I majored in English at Rutgers University (B.A. 1974) and have always loved reading and writing fiction. Over the years I pursued songwriting as a part-time activity and never got around to writing much fiction other than several short stories and one what I call "meta novel" (60,000 words of talking to myself about what I wanted to write about--ha!). I did have one short story published in a men's magazine (circa 1995 and under a pseudonym the publisher provided), for which I received $100. Oh, and I almost forgot, I did write an unpublished children's book entitled "Boogie-Woogie Bear" about, you guessed it, a dancing bear. Can we get some music!

I'm now exploring the world of fiction writing--both short and long--and I'm trying to keep an open mind to all genres. I love Elmore Leonard's and Walter Mosley's books, but I recently read a Denise Swanson cozy and have begun reading the romantic and mini-mystery fiction in my wife's "Woman's World" magazines. I've also read quite a few books on writing, and I'm rereading two of my favorites, "Techniques of the Selling Writer" by Dwight V. Swain and (forgive me if I butcher the title) "Scene and Structure" by a fellow named Bickham as I recall.

I'm happy to be here and hope to grow and learn as much I can in the fun, fun world of fiction.

-Bobster (or you can call me Bob) :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW.

Greetings from Nashville.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. There's a huge amount of help in these forums. Dive in!

Bobster

Think loose, write tight!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for such a warm welcome. Very glad to be here. :)