info (how would you track down adopted relatives in the USA and UK?)

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi friends ,
My mc sisters are adopted in US and
UK I want to know how will she track them.
and thanks so much for the info
padma

Keyan

ubiquitous
Registered
Reaction score
Where was your MC born and where does she live now? Are these her birth-sisters who have been internationally adopted? Were they closed adoptions? Are they all adults now?

The easiest way to track anyone globally nowadays is the internet.

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
My mc is an orphan she was six when she is sent to a good orphanage . she becomes a reporter and i want her to tacke her sisters in the end .Thanks kevin for the info . I am always in the internet but when I google i am not getting the info I want.
padma

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most people use the geneology network of the mormons. it is the most complete. Social Security website - you can find some info there but you must have some names.

One serendipitous way would to be organ donor match. You could find the first one that way.

Is the search the main focus of the book or is it just part?

Some people have traced their roots here; have you looked at the memoirs forum? Someone there might be able to tell you what they did.

good luck

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning to write a script. I want it to be a major part as it will
touch the emotional aspect of the viewers.
padma

Keyan

ubiquitous
Registered
Reaction score
My mc is an orphan she was six when she is sent to a good orphanage . she becomes a reporter and i want her to tacke her sisters in the end .Thanks kevin for the info . I am always in the internet but when I google i am not getting the info I want.
padma

Which country is she in?

Depending on how much information she has about her sisters and about her own parents, she could post her name and details on various registries. People who were adopted and are interested in finding their birth-families also post to those registires and check them. That's how several of the reunions I know of have happened.

Other ways are straightforward detective work - using genealogy, school yearbooks, newspaper clippings, etc. It all depends on how much information she has to start with.

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Keyan for the help
padma