Need Your First-Hand Ghost Story

Have You Ever Had a First-Hand Ghost Experience?

• Get thee to a nunnery, woman!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aaronscrossing.lindaalicedewey.com
First-hand Ghost Stories
If anyone has had a ghost experience where you either saw a ghost or a ghost moved something in front of you, I'd like to hear about it! I'm collecting stories as a follow-up for my book, AARON'S CROSSING: A True Ghost Story.

Thanks!

Linda
user_online.gif

Xopher

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I should drag my girlfriend into this thread. She lives in a haunted house with a very grumpy, if not downright angsty spirit. From what I've heard (seeming as how it doesn't seem he likes strangers, and I'm not over there often enough) he apparently is just content to sit and watch like the pervert he is (*snerk*), until he can corner someone alone.

Like for instance, (and mind you I could be wrong on a few of the details), her mother was sitting downstairs in the living room around the time when they had first moved into the place (an old camp up on a mountain in eastern NY) the spirit growled at her something like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" and generally creeped her out pretty bad. Other times, when both of the parents were out, it would do things. Appear in dark sillouettes, flick light switches, I guess generally anything that makes me nervous to have my back to a dark, empty room as I sit here typing on the computer. Also, they used to hear footsteps out on their front porch, (which wouldn't seem too out of place, providing they weren't sure there wasn't anyone or anything out there - no pets or whatnot) but they went away when they removed it. Later on, when they built the new one, the strange sounds came back.

As I've said, though perhaps not in so many words, I haven't so much seen the dark shapes or seen the odd effects. The only thing I've witnessed, (and I've since been forbidden to talk about anything I see or hear when something happens for the sake of the place remaining habitable to its occupants and guests) and it was something that others seem to remark on quite a bit as well, is that the one part of the house near the bathroom in the back has a very odd...presence to it I guess you'd say. It seems that guests don't use it unless they absolutely have to, and when they do they usually come out looking relatively shaken up. But still, even sitting on the other side of the wall in the living room you can pretty much feel the vibes. And damn it, why did I have to write all this at almost 2 in the morning, heh, I'll never get to sleep now.

But erm, if you're interested in possibly hearing more (if you think the place might be legitimately haunted) I'll try and get her to contact you with more of the first-hand type perspective that I think you're looking for.

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ghost Experience

Xopher,

I absolutely AM interested in hearing more about your experience and the house. Have your girlfriend post here or send me a private message. I'd like to know what she or people in the house have actually seen, what has moved, physical things that have happened.

My book about my own experience is coming out, and how I actually helped this ghost, and I do believe, from all the feedback I'm getting, that the sequel will be a compendium of similar experiences others are having. Too many people out there believe ghosts don't exist and laugh if you say you've seen one.

So yes, thank you for posting, and please encourage your girlfriend to tell me more. In fact, private message me with your name and location, if I may use your story in the book. Thanks so much,

Linda

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
There doesn't seem to be a box for 'can't get away from the bloody things'...

Are you looking for particularly spooky stories or something more thought-provoking?

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Xopher - your girlfriend has a ghost called a "stay behind."

That's pretty common - the ghost or spirit just doesn't want to leave his house. Usually, you will get along better if you just invite him to stay.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Too many people out there believe ghosts don't exist and laugh if you say you've seen one.
yeah - and it takes half a second to change their mind about it - all they have to do is see or hear a ghost.

I have lived in several haunted houses - but actually - most houses are "haunted", or we share the same space with spirits - new or old house, doesn't matter. When you can actually see or hear ghosts or other entities .......it's usually because you or someone else is acting as an medium.

My father was a medium - even though he didn't want to be. His IQ was 185 (genius) and he was a near perfect, moral person. (That does sound hard to believe, but he was a very advanced soul). Anyway - ghosts and spirits sought him out - from about about the time he was 20 until he passed at 60.

I grew up in a spirit filled house - that had once been a funeral home. In all my childhood years, I never walked down the stairs.....I always ran. I always thought someone was following me.

At 18, I stayed with my parents in a rental house (thank God it was a rental) for exactly 6 months (the lease was up). The first two months or so were fine - no noises, no nothing. About the third month - my dad saw a pilgrim woman walk down the hall and the craziness started. He saw her several times after that - and at night - the house came alive. Noises of all kinds - doors banging shut all night long (but there were no actual doors banging), animal noises (farm animals), music playing (music box type), the sounds of thunder storms - but clear skies outside. Pillows flew through the air - our pets were picked up and carried for several feet and sat back down. Fireplace logs were taken out of the fireplace and set up into the crawlspace in the garage. WEIRD. Not fun. Radio dials turned while you listened to music.

My dad had a few more incidents after that one - ending with an actual hooded figure staring him down the night before his doctor told him his cancer was terminal. He died 2 months later.

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
That's pretty common - the ghost or spirit just doesn't want to leave his house. Usually, you will get along better if you just invite him to stay.

Alternatively, get your Domovoi to kick the crap out of him.

vtwordweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Where do I start?

I lived in an old farm house when I was married. The home was built in the early 1800's and had been an inn on the stagecoach route. Someone lived there with us. She never did anything harmful, just let us know that she was there. Doors would slam shut on perfectly calm days, curtains moved, the clock fell off the wall, she liked to turn the knob on the bathroom door when I was in there and of course the footsteps. Once, when my kids were asleep and my ex was out in the barn milking, I was in the upstairs bathroom. I heard someone walk up the stairs and across the floor. When I went out to the barn to ask my ex why he had come into the house, he said he hadn't been in.
My daughters and I did see the ghost once. I was reading to them one night and her image appeared. She never spoke or anything, but we knew she was there.
The odd thing is that my ex never believed she existed until my kids and I left him. He has never admitted it to me, but he has told my kids that she has done things like sit on his bed. I guess she has scared him. My son moved back with my ex and said she was very active. She would throw newspapers across the room and my son saw lights all the time (his room was upstairs and my ex seldom went up stairs.) We have pictures from that house with orbs in them.
My ex's family sold the place and it is being completely renovated. I often wonder what it happening.

My older daughter (she is 15) is extremly sensitive to the supernatural. She tells me that Rebecca, my ghost has moved with me. I am not sure if she is a ghost or a spirit guide and I don't know how to tell the difference.
This same daughter had a negative experience a couple of summers ago. She woke me in the middle of the night screaming, telling me that there was a black image on the wall. She had heard someone calling her from outside, something came in the window. She said she felt like someone punched her on the back. Sure enought, there was a fist size welt on her back that was still there in the morning. I don't know if it was coincidental or not, but a woman who lived on the same road as we do, had died that morning (I didn't know about that until I read the paper the next day).
Now my daughter has moved out of state with my ex and son. They live on a farm and sure enough there is a ghost there, too!

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
She woke me in the middle of the night screaming, telling me that there was a black image on the wall.

Oh, too easy...

Out of interest, and I speak as a person who doesn't believe in ghosts even remotely and has been shown conclusive proof in the form of light glinting off dust particles more than a few times, does anyone have any personal stories of them doing anything even vaguely useful or relevant? Not anecdotes about other people - just something that makes it seem a bit more worthwhile than jangling doornobs and hiding keys.

Rest assured, if I find myself shuffling off the mortal coil and returning as some spectral menace of light irritation, I will not play music box tunes and spend eternity trying to peek on you in the shower. I shall haunt you with depressing Blues while you sleep, so you wake for work feeling miserable and put-upon. I shall be the dark presence that has beaten your Pacman high-score every time you return to the pizza parlour, and paints 'HUMBLE PIG' on the kitchen wall, just to annoy your spiders. And I shall keep a stack of wigs and outfits on hand, purely in the interests of getting increasingly desperate 'psychics' to fight over whether I'm Napoleon Bonaparte or Sissy Spacek.

Thou hast been warned.

Last edited:

vtwordweaver

Registered
Reaction score
College ghost

I forgot to mention before that my college has a well known resident ghost. I do work study on the fourth floor where Anna resides. Actually she hangs out in the tower. Apparently many years ago, she was shot on the left side of her face and killed. People who known nothing about her, have been in that area of the building and felt either a cold breeze blow past the left side of their face or the left side of their face goes numb. I have not been so lucky to experience Anna's presence that deeply, but I have been in rooms where she has shut the door.
This is a college that I am talking about, filled with highly educated people who have experienced Anna.

I believe in ghosts. I can't believe that all the energy from a person dissolves when that person dies.

NitaHelpingHand

Ghostly presence

I believe I have a ghost in my house although 'she' is pretty quiet most of the time. We've had many things disappear (never to be seen again) and there have been two separate incidents where our dog has 'seen her'. 'She' likes the area around the stove (the reason we call her 'she').

The first time our dog saw her he was just staring at the top of the stove with this very intent look on his face. When I noticed it I just watched at first, then I called his name and asked him what was wrong (luckily he didn't answer!), but he wouldn't even look at me. I called him several more times and he still wouldn't look at me, then he started barking -- we were kinda freaked out at that point.

The second time was pretty much the same as the first although he started barking almost immediately that time.

Last summer I told her I didn't mind sharing the house with her as long as she didn't do anything to freak us out anymore -- there's been no incidents since.

My ex-husband's neighbor definitely had a ghost their entire growing up years. Toilets flushing, curtins and drapes moving, rocking chair rocking, a cold spot in the basement where his father (who had passed away not long before all this started), coffee pot percolating (it wasn't plugged in), things like that.

I hope this is helpful!

Aunt_Karnie

About 20 years ago my then boyfriend died. We were together when he passed.

I was worried about a lot of things, money, his children, etc.

Two nights after he died I saw him in my bedroom, at the foot of the bed. He appeared very small, as though I were looking at him through the wrong end of a telescope. He explained to me why I shouldn't worry and told me of some arrangements that he had made with his attorney, and what was in his will.

Everything he told me that night was correct.

Do I believe in ghosts? You bet.

Lucky Penny

Been gone WAY too long!
Registered
Reaction score
I know that even some people who do believe in ghosts don't believe that animals ghosts are likely to appear, but I saw one of our dogs. He found his way out of the fenced-in yard and was hit by a car right in front of our mailbox. One night about two weeks after he died, I went outside to get something I'd left in the car and there he was standing right beside the mailbox looking at me. He was panting like he was 'happy' and his tail swished back and forth a few times. It freaked me out and I came back to the house without the object I'd wanted. About two weeks after that our other outside dog died in the same manner, in the same spot. I've always felt that our first dog was waiting on his buddy. :(

When I was a teen we lived in a house in Germany that had been built right after WWII. We had several spirits, but they were all pleasant ones. I never saw them, but would hear strange noises from time to time and they'd move things while you weren't looking.

The 75 year old house I live in now has at least two, I believe, although I've never seen them. It's just a feeling I get, and they definitely move/hide stuff!! It can get quite annoying, especially when you're in a hurry!

I'm also a moderator on a Paranormal website...so, I'll put a link up on our board for our members. Perhaps some of them will be willing to share their stories with you. :)

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
The 75 year old house I live in now has at least two, I believe, although I've never seen them. It's just a feeling I get, and they definitely move/hide stuff!! It can get quite annoying, especially when you're in a hurry!

The house we own now is only about 40 years old. The previous owner did die here, but it was by natural death. We have one bedroom that stays at least 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house, for no logical reason.

We have lost so many things, and it's very irritating. My husband finally splurged and bought some expensive artists paint brushes, they vanished immediately, never to be seen again.

One night, after we moved in, I went to the bathroom and was quite perturbed to see that there was, not only no toilet paper on the roll, but the roll was gone from the dispenser. I was sitting there, twisting and turning and trying to see where the thing fell........when I looked back -it was on the dispenser.

Sounds silly - but things like that will drive you crazy.

Whatever spirit is here, is totally harmless.

Lucky Penny

Been gone WAY too long!
Registered
Reaction score
lol, eldragon....YES it does drive you crazy. I'll put my keys down in one place, go to get them & they're gone. I tear the house apart, don't find them & then go back to discover they're right where I left them. PRANKSTERS!! :roll:

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Smell?

Does smelling a ghost's perfume count? There wasn't a smell question in the poll at the beginning of this thread, so I had to check the first choice.

And what about paranormal photography?

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ThreeSeven:

I'd like to know what happened to you. Doesn't have to be spooky. Basically, I want to show that this is more common than the general public acknowledges. I can use your initials if you don't want to use your whole name, but hometown and occupation will add credibility to the accounts. Usually. :)

Linda

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eldragon said:
yeah - and it takes half a second to change their mind about it - all they have to do is see or hear a ghost.

I have lived in several haunted houses - but actually - most houses are "haunted", or we share the same space with spirits - new or old house, doesn't matter. When you can actually see or hear ghosts or other entities .......it's usually because you or someone else is acting as an medium.

My father was a medium - even though he didn't want to be. His IQ was 185 (genius) and he was a near perfect, moral person. (That does sound hard to believe, but he was a very advanced soul). Anyway - ghosts and spirits sought him out - from about about the time he was 20 until he passed at 60.

I grew up in a spirit filled house - that had once been a funeral home. In all my childhood years, I never walked down the stairs.....I always ran. I always thought someone was following me.

At 18, I stayed with my parents in a rental house (thank God it was a rental) for exactly 6 months (the lease was up). The first two months or so were fine - no noises, no nothing. About the third month - my dad saw a pilgrim woman walk down the hall and the craziness started. He saw her several times after that - and at night - the house came alive. Noises of all kinds - doors banging shut all night long (but there were no actual doors banging), animal noises (farm animals), music playing (music box type), the sounds of thunder storms - but clear skies outside. Pillows flew through the air - our pets were picked up and carried for several feet and sat back down. Fireplace logs were taken out of the fireplace and set up into the crawlspace in the garage. WEIRD. Not fun. Radio dials turned while you listened to music.

My dad had a few more incidents after that one - ending with an actual hooded figure staring him down the night before his doctor told him his cancer was terminal. He died 2 months later.
Geez Pam. These are amazing. What was your father's occupation. May I use these in the book?

Linda

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vtwordweaver said:
I lived in an old farm house when I was married. The home was built in the early 1800's and had been an inn on the stagecoach route. Someone lived there with us. She never did anything harmful, just let us know that she was there. Doors would slam shut on perfectly calm days, curtains moved, the clock fell off the wall, she liked to turn the knob on the bathroom door when I was in there and of course the footsteps. Once, when my kids were asleep and my ex was out in the barn milking, I was in the upstairs bathroom. I heard someone walk up the stairs and across the floor. When I went out to the barn to ask my ex why he had come into the house, he said he hadn't been in.
My daughters and I did see the ghost once. I was reading to them one night and her image appeared. She never spoke or anything, but we knew she was there.
The odd thing is that my ex never believed she existed until my kids and I left him. He has never admitted it to me, but he has told my kids that she has done things like sit on his bed. I guess she has scared him. My son moved back with my ex and said she was very active. She would throw newspapers across the room and my son saw lights all the time (his room was upstairs and my ex seldom went up stairs.) We have pictures from that house with orbs in them.
My ex's family sold the place and it is being completely renovated. I often wonder what it happening.

My older daughter (she is 15) is extremly sensitive to the supernatural. She tells me that Rebecca, my ghost has moved with me. I am not sure if she is a ghost or a spirit guide and I don't know how to tell the difference.
This same daughter had a negative experience a couple of summers ago. She woke me in the middle of the night screaming, telling me that there was a black image on the wall. She had heard someone calling her from outside, something came in the window. She said she felt like someone punched her on the back. Sure enought, there was a fist size welt on her back that was still there in the morning. I don't know if it was coincidental or not, but a woman who lived on the same road as we do, had died that morning (I didn't know about that until I read the paper the next day).
Now my daughter has moved out of state with my ex and son. They live on a farm and sure enough there is a ghost there, too!
I would love to see the pictures with the orbs. You can easily tell the difference between spirit guides and ghosts from the heaviness or lightness you feel in the air around you. My guess is that orbs are not ghosts. Now, the black thing, that's a different story. That woman came to your daughter because someone on that side told her the girl was a "sensitive," and she desperately wanted to get a message through.

Many times, that's what they want. To deliver a message. When these things happen (as you'll read in Aaron's Crossing--my own experience with a ghost), it takes a whole lot of energy out of them to break through into our dimension. They're not trying to scare us, usually, but to get our attention. So you talk to it and ask it to move something for a "yes" answer. Then you play 20 questions and try to get to the heart of what the ghost is wanting to tell you. After that, it just might be ready to leave and cross over, as Aaron did!

Great story. May I use it?

Linda

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Something more useful

Richard said:
Oh, too easy...

Out of interest, and I speak as a person who doesn't believe in ghosts even remotely and has been shown conclusive proof in the form of light glinting off dust particles more than a few times, does anyone have any personal stories of them doing anything even vaguely useful or relevant? Not anecdotes about other people - just something that makes it seem a bit more worthwhile than jangling doornobs and hiding keys.

Richard,

That's what my book was about. AARON'S CROSSING: A True Ghost Story was just released in June and hit #2 on the best seller list locally last week. We're not releasing it nationally until the reviewers are finished, Sept. 1. But yes, something useful DID happen. He wanted me to know he was there. I responded and decided to try to help him. The fear I could have gone to was there, but I knew I'd be no good to him or anyone if I went there. So I took him to my metaphysical friends and...well...it's pretty amazing.

Read my earlier post about the reason WHY they do these things.

Linda

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Something more useful

Richard said:
Oh, too easy...

conclusive proof in the form of light glinting off dust particles more than a few times

Actually, ghosts have magnetic fields just like we do that can be seen at night especially. And can really be seen when magnetic fields load up with positive ions just before lightning in a thunderstorm. Which is why there are so many ghost stories connected to thunderstorms.

Just another interesting myth that turns out to be a scientifically provable fact.

Linda

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
NitaHelpingHand said:
I believe I have a ghost in my house although 'she' is pretty quiet most of the time. We've had many things disappear (never to be seen again) and there have been two separate incidents where our dog has 'seen her'. 'She' likes the area around the stove (the reason we call her 'she').

The first time our dog saw her he was just staring at the top of the stove with this very intent look on his face. When I noticed it I just watched at first, then I called his name and asked him what was wrong (luckily he didn't answer!), but he wouldn't even look at me. I called him several more times and he still wouldn't look at me, then he started barking -- we were kinda freaked out at that point.

The second time was pretty much the same as the first although he started barking almost immediately that time.

Last summer I told her I didn't mind sharing the house with her as long as she didn't do anything to freak us out anymore -- there's been no incidents since.

My ex-husband's neighbor definitely had a ghost their entire growing up years. Toilets flushing, curtins and drapes moving, rocking chair rocking, a cold spot in the basement where his father (who had passed away not long before all this started), coffee pot percolating (it wasn't plugged in), things like that.

I hope this is helpful!
This is very helpful. Your neighbor's father was trying to let him know he was there. I too have had the dog experience. Animals are amazing.

The ghost in your house may be ready to cross. Ghosts, I learned from my own ghost, Aaron, go into periods of hibernation from pure exhaustion--kind of like our sleeping. But their periods last for months. I also asked him not to freak me out any more. Told him I'd help him get to his loved ones in heaven, but I did set some ground rules. You're on the right track, and may be able to help her if you'd like to.

I'd love to use this in my book if I may. These are first-hand experiences, like the one my first book tells about.

LindaAliceDewey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Aunt_Karnie said:
About 20 years ago my then boyfriend died. We were together when he passed.

I was worried about a lot of things, money, his children, etc.

Two nights after he died I saw him in my bedroom, at the foot of the bed. He appeared very small, as though I were looking at him through the wrong end of a telescope. He explained to me why I shouldn't worry and told me of some arrangements that he had made with his attorney, and what was in his will.

Everything he told me that night was correct.

Do I believe in ghosts? You bet.
Aunt Karnie,

Your story gave me goose bumps. May I use it in the book? It's wonderful. I don't believe he was a ghost, but was in that window of time that seems to last a couple of days before one crosses over. To take care of you like that, give you that message in a gentle way, seems way too evolved for a ghost. I'm sure he's on the other side, and probably connects with you when you're in the dream state. Yes?

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.