Strategic BooK Publishers:

Jaydavid

New to the business. Anyone here been burned by SBP? They seem awfull "Fishy"

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Welcome to AW, Jay, This is a good place to learn where the reefs and shoals are in the publishing business. Settle in and check things out, there's much to learn here.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Jay! Looks like you got your answer. ;)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
New to the business. Anyone here been burned by SBP? They seem awfull "Fishy"

What about Desert Rose Literary Agency in San Angelo Texas?
Hi Jay, the best place to ask these questions is the Bewares and Background Check Forum. Pop on over there and do a quick search of the names to see if threads already exist, if not, start a new one and the knowledgeable members there will be able to help you out.
In the meantime, Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help. If you have general questions for the forum moderators (mods) then you can also PM them privately, or in fact post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread. The link is below in my sig line. Again, if you haven't already checked out the newbie guide, you really should :D . There's a wealth of info there, and it will probably make navigating Absolute Write a little easier.

You should also check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice... This thread will tell you all you need to know about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff.

Plus, if you haven't stopped by the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread yet, then don't forget to pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun. :D

We also have a brand new Super-Dooper Newbie 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread where you can come and relax, have a drink and practice posting whilst chatting to other newbies and not so new newbies :D .

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
What about Desert Rose Literary Agency in San Angelo Texas?

As has already been suggested, if you want to find out about the legitimacy or otherwise of specific agents or publishers, you really should have a look in the Bewares and Background Checks part of the forum, where both Strategic and the Desert Rose are discussed. But here's a link worth clicking to make things a little easier for you.

Welcome to Absolute Write!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Jaydavid

Thanks to all...Very kind folks. I've written a great book...created a great Character, and actually have 3 new novels. Main character is a Woman Environmental Dectective. Stories include Food Chain Contamination, Autism, birth defects, and the contaminated food processing that we're living with. Also Pipelines, Natural Gas, and Chemical Plant emmissions. Along the way there a continuing love story.
I seem to be making all the mistakes in trying to get published. I'm dissappointed in the Scumbags that are preying on guys like me..just trying to write a decent book. I think I finally found the right place here for advice and instruction. I have found that Editors are NOT writers. They wanna be, but they are editors because they can't write. I thank you all for helping me.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I have found that Editors are NOT writers. They wanna be, but they are editors because they can't write. I thank you all for helping me.
A bit of a wild generalisation here, Jay. I know more than a few editors that are also writers, and are published writers to boot.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

Jaydavid

A bit of a wild generalisation here, Jay. I know more than a few editors that are also writers, and are published writers to boot.
Pardon my mistake...the Editors I've done business with so far are not writers...I'm sure there are many that are.