How many to submit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentriddler

Bebop is accepting unsolicited multicultural emergent reader ms. I happen to have 4 relevant submissions - 3 nonfiction and one fiction. What should I do? Send in just one or send in the whole pack?

For those who are interested, Bebop guidelines are at -
www.bebopbooks.com/editorial/index.html

Warmly,
Radhika Meganathan

Illustrated Ramayana for Kids
- October 2004, Seasons Publishing

Divine Animals: Ten fantastic tales from Hindu Mythology
- November 2005, Seasons Publishing

Arisa81

I would say that if you want to send them all, send them seprately, not in the same package. Because they are different submissions.

But something I've always wondered about, is it okay to send more than one submission to a publisher at a time?

Tish Davidson

I woud say send your best fiction and the non-fiction and send them separately, as different editors probably handle f and nf. If your fiction mss are for different age groups, then you could send more than one, separately, again as editors tend to specialize, although at a small publisher that may not be so true.

Stephanie

Good advice, Tish.

I looked all over the site and could not find a direct email to any editor (although I did see one altered sentence, the email address having quite obviously been removed)--so my initial idea of just dropping a quick email to them asking for direction in the matter is out.

Individual subs addressed to correct dept editors, all with SASE.

Best of luck!

bellba

A click just now on their site says the window of opportunity is closed for the 2005 list and will reopen later for their 2006 list. They hold to their schedule, so says my agent. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.