PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: Pilot, Politician, and Inventor.

whistlelock
09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
I would like to thank the McCain campaign for giving us the second best running political joke: McCain invented the blackberry.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-trailblackberry17-2008sep17,0,7962227.story

Maybe he and Al Gore should meet.

WarrenP
09-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Further down...

"The senator from Arizona later laughed off innovative acumen attributed to him, according to campaign senior aide Matt McDonald. "He would not claim to be the inventor of anything, much less the BlackBerry. This was obviously a boneheaded joke by a staffer," McDonald said."

robeiae
09-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Maybe he and Al Gore should meet.
In a chatroom or IRL?

Seaclusion
09-17-2008, 08:41 PM
"So, you're looking at the miracle that John McCain helped create."

He can't even use a computer yet he invented the Blackberry. Heck, electronic gadgets seem to befuddle him. Let's not forget he shot an American fighter jet with a missle while parked on an aircraft carrier. Caused one of the worst fires in US Naval History.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all year. Maybe in reality John McCain wants to be a comedian instead of president.

Richard

maestrowork
09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Hard to believe. McCain couldn't even turn on a computer.

Sarita
09-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Now I know who to call for help with my new one... I can't seem to figure the darn thing out!

robeiae
09-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Now I know who to call for help with my new one... I can't seem to figure the darn thing out!
Milk goes in the top and comes out the bottom.

Williebee
09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
You can tell from most of the articles I've seen that McCain didn't say this. And, he did a nice job of laughing it off.

My question is, why would someone on his team, be they PR, Advisor, staffer, say something so foolish? Are they that clueless about their candidate's accomplishments and political history? Or were they feeling some kind of desperation to make him appear more relevant to today's world?

whistlelock
09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
In a chatroom or IRL?
Chat room, that way they both get to use their inventions!

Seaclusion
09-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Haskins is alive and well. He just corrected me on my statement that John Mc
Cain fired the missile that started the fire onboard the USS Forestal. It turns out he was the one fired at. Thank you Wiliam Haskins, Lurker extrodinaire.

Richard

Sarita
09-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Never mind. Just switched to the iPhone. :) John McCain, thanks for the help!

Ageless Stranger
09-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Cain fired the missile that started the fire onboard the USS Forestal. It turns out he was the one fired at. Thank you Wiliam Haskins, Lurker extrodinaire.

Richard

He moves in mysterious ways. . .

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2008, 12:53 AM
"Let's not forget he shot an American fighter jet with a missle while parked on an aircraft carrier. Caused one of the worst fires in US Naval History.

Are you talking about the Forestal?

Seaclusion
09-18-2008, 01:01 AM
SF see post #10

Richard

kuwisdelu
09-18-2008, 01:02 AM
That's okay. Obama invented the iPhone.

InfinityGoddess
09-18-2008, 01:23 AM

:roll: This thread is just so funny.

robeiae
09-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Biden invented 7-11.

cethklein
09-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Bill Clinton invented paper towels.

"The quicker picker-upper"

robeiae
09-18-2008, 02:48 AM
"So, you're looking at the miracle that John McCain helped create."

He can't even use a computer yet he invented the Blackberry. Heck, electronic gadgets seem to befuddle him. Let's not forget he shot an American fighter jet with a missle while parked on an aircraft carrier. Caused one of the worst fires in US Naval History.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all year. Maybe in reality John McCain wants to be a comedian instead of president.

Richard

Richard

Are you talking about the Forestal?
Look, McCain had nothing to do with the Forrestal fire. There's no evidence, no testimony, nothing to suggest that he did.

Read the discussion of it on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:1967_USS_Forrestal_fire#McCain_responsibility _controversy

kuwisdelu
09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Biden invented 7-11.

You're thinking of Giuliani.

Don
09-18-2008, 05:09 PM
No, he invented the o'Phone.

robeiae
09-18-2008, 08:12 PM
No, he invented the o'Phone.
Dawno will have your ass in a sling for that.

emeraldcite
09-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Half the time, I think the mccain camp has people throw things out into the public forum. If the reaction goes well, they roll with it. If not, then they can it.

For example, when Cindy McCain said that Palin has foreign policy experience because Russia is so close to Alaska.

They just tossed it out there to see if if would take.

I also have Foreign Policy experience that's pretty on par with Palin. Florida is darn close to Cuba.

robeiae
09-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Half the time, I think the mccain camp has people throw things out into the public forum. If the reaction goes well, they roll with it. If not, then they can it.

For example, when Cindy McCain said that Palin has foreign policy experience because Russia is so close to Alaska.

They just tossed it out there to see if if would take.

I also have Foreign Policy experience that's pretty on par with Palin. Florida is darn close to Cuba.
I'm further South than you. Therefore, I have more experience.

rugcat
09-18-2008, 11:34 PM
I've dated women from other countries. That gives me personal experience on foreign relations.

robeiae
09-18-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm married to a woman from another country. Therefore, I have more experience than you, too.

rugcat
09-19-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm married to a woman from another country. Therefore, I have more experience than you, too.I knew it! You are as unamerican as the rest of us.

kuwisdelu
09-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm native. I'm have the most domestic and defence experience of all the candidates combined!

http://www.flyingsnail.com/images/homeland.jpg

B*tches.

maestrowork
09-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I was born and raised in another country.

I win.

Vote Ray for President!

MarkEsq
09-19-2008, 12:27 AM
I was born and raised in another country.
I win.
Vote Ray for President!

So was I - can I be your veep?
(<--- Look, I'm great at kissing babies!)

maestrowork
09-19-2008, 12:36 AM
So was I - can I be your veep?
(<--- Look, I'm great at kissing babies!)

and I'm simply great at kissing.

We'd make a great ticket!

Maestro/MarkEsq 2008! Vote M&M!

quickWit
09-19-2008, 12:44 AM
*runs into thread with pants on head*

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

maestrowork
09-19-2008, 01:05 AM
*runs into thread with pants on head*

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

It's okay to show your shortcoming here.

Don
09-19-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm married to a woman from another country. Therefore, I have more experience than you, too.
Yeah, so much for the 'Buy American' campaign!