Palin's Pastor on Jews, war, and armageddon

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
two weeks ago, palin's pastor introduced a guy who described terrorist attacks on Israelis as God's "judgment of unbelief" of Jews who haven't embraced Christianity.

"Judgment is very real and we see it played out on the pages of the newspapers and on the television. It's very real. When [Brickner's son] was in Jerusalem he was there to witness some of that judgment, some of that conflict, when a Palestinian from East Jerusalem took a bulldozer and went plowing through a score of cars, killing numbers of people. Judgment — you can't miss it."

Palin was in church that day, Kroon said, though he cautioned against attributing Brickner’s views to her.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13098.html

Pastor Kalnins has also preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode."

It is impossible to determine how much Wasilla Assembly of God has shaped Palin's thinking. She was baptized there at the age of 12 and attended the church for most of her adult life. When Palin was inaugurated as governor, the founding pastor of the church delivered the invocation. In 2002, Palin moved her family to a nondenominational church, but she continues to worship at a related Assembly of God church in Juneau.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-church-may-have-sh_n_123205.html

yet another end times believer in mccain's camp.

someone give him some weed to calm him down.

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't we already go through all this nonsense with Obama? Do we have to go through it again with Palin?
Exactly, do we now have to drag up everything all over again? I, a republican, thought that was ridiculous for people to do to Obama. It is no less ridiculous now.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
dang... and I had just taken you off my "ignore" list...

:D

ahh good ol' sheryl, right on time with the trolling. why did you take me off ignore?

but before you put me back on, perhaps you can tell us why you're posting in this thread after you said:

frankly, and I've said this before, I'm in favor of dumping the entire sub-forum.

this is a WRITING board.

go elsewhere to talk politics.

:(
then lock the entire darned thing away under a password and let those of us who want to WRITE come here and see WRITING topics instead of a slew of new posts on politics.

make it like SYW - you guys want to brawl, do it without the rest of us seeing it scroll across the screen.

pop quiz sheryl, how many posts have you made in P&CE after these statements?

how many posts have you made here before you said this?

oh and for the kicker, how many of those posts have been dedicated to trolling me?

go do a search and find out...

eta:

i just realized:
frankly, and I've said this before, I'm in favor of dumping the entire sub-forum.

you've said this before, and yet....

you still continued posting?

WTF??

does a little voice compel you to post your drivel here?

seriously, sheryl this isn't healthy. doing something that you hate yourself for, just isnt good for you.

Last edited:

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly, do we now have to drag up everything all over again? I, a republican, thought that was ridiculous for people to do to Obama. It is no less ridiculous now.

Agreed. Although I can't help but be entertained at the irony here. I'd hate to see Palin get grilled over this but I will definitely say something if anyone who knocked Obama and Wright complain here.

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
look, you dont have to participate in the thread if you find it distasteful or offensive or whatever.

the point is that republican's attacked obama for having a pastor who said controversial things, and mccain joined in on that.

furthermore, he has a history of surrounding himself with people who believe that armaggeddon is around the corner and that jesus/god wants war, which should be frightening to anyone and everyone.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
look, you dont have to participate in the thread if you find it distasteful or offensive or whatever.

the point is that republican's attacked obama for having a pastor who said controversial things, and mccain joined in on that.

furthermore, he has a history of surrounding himself with people who believe that armaggeddon is around the corner and that jesus/god wants war, which should be frightening to anyone and everyone.
Yes, and here's the two wrongs make a right in action.
I'm sure you're ready then to defend again Obama and his associations, otherwise, I guess you wouldn't bring it up because you know without a doubt where this is headed.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Mccain:
"I saw yesterday some additional comments that have been revealed by Pastor Wright. One of them, comparing the United States Marine Corps with Roman legionnaires who were responsible for the death of our savior. I mean, being involved in that. It's beyond belief. And then of course, saying that al Qaeda and the American flag were the same flags. So, I can understand. I can understand why people are upset about this. I can understand why, that Americans when viewing these kinds of comments are angry and upset."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/28/obamas-pastor-jeremiah-wr_n_98922.html

FYI:
Jake Tapper points out that Wright never actually made those comments about the American flag. And Marc Ambinder notes that, "Wright was in the Marines. He was a corpesman in Vietnam. He voluntarily enlisted."

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, and here's the two wrongs make a right in action.
I'm sure you're ready then to defend again Obama and his associations, otherwise, I guess you wouldn't bring it up because you know without a doubt where this is headed.

i thought obama's pastor was a legitimate issue and needed to be addressed.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score

I agree with you. But both Republicans and Hillary Clinton did hammer at the Jeremiah Wright stuff as hard as they could, and I'll bet the McCain campaign brings it up again, right soon. Watch for the TV ads.

So far I've heard nothing from the Obama campaign, or for that matter from any Democrats, about Sarah Palin's religious affiliations or associations.

caw

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Palin was in church that day, Kroon said, though he cautioned against attributing Brickner’s views to her.

I think that says it all.

Now, if that's what Sarah Palin said herself, I may have given it a second thought.

Wait... I am not voting for her anyway. ;)

But really, I wouldn't attribute what her pastor said to her.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score

so you're going to emulate the people you don't agree with? I've never understood this mentality. Isn't it better to take the high road?

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i take whatever road suits me.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
and right now the irony of this is suiting me very well.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i'm the loneliest poster in the whole world.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
so you're going to emulate the people you don't agree with? I've never understood this mentality. Isn't it better to take the high road?

Just to clarify, I don't see Bravo emulating anyone. I think he's pointing out the irony here. And it IS ironic that McCain held Obama responsible for what his pastor said, and now his running mate has a pastor saying outrageous things. If he chooses her as a running mate, clearly he doesn't think a person should be held responsible for what his/her pastor says. Yet he holds it against Obama when it benefits him.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i knew i'd finally find someone who understands me.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Just to clarify, I don't see Bravo emulating anyone. I think he's pointing out the irony here. And it IS ironic that McCain held Obama responsible for what his pastor said, and now his running mate has a pastor saying outrageous things. If he chooses her as a running mate, clearly he doesn't think a person should be held responsible for what his/her pastor says. Yet he holds it against Obama when it benefits him.

Just the same old same old party politics.

I wouldn't lose sleep over this one.