Book Recs for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalani Ashmore

Registered
Reaction score
I've been searching high and low for a good book to read. Usually, I just go to Books-A-Million and grab a book with an interesting cover. If the description is intriguing I'll buy it. This is how I started reading gay romance, unfortunately for my straight friends since I'm hooked now and they find it disgusting. Anyway, I was wondering if you could recommend any urban fantasy, fantasy or horror books for me to read that I might find at BAM. I would be forever grateful to all of you.

I also have no idea if this is in the right place to begin with.

Book Recommendations:

Nalani Ashmore

Registered
Reaction score
Dang, I'm stupid. Didn't even see the rec list right above my post. Sorry. But I was wondering since there is a list can someone recommend me more books that are not on the list?

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I'm shocked to see Jim Butcher and the Dresden books aren't on that reccommended list! For Urban Fantasy that's a great place to start! A fabulous voice. The series starts with Storm Front.

Joe Abercrombie - An epic fantasy trilogy starting with The Blade Itself - extremely popular.

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch. Not everyone's cup of tea, but a good con caper / mannerpunk example notheless.

As for more classic stuff that's not on the list - try The Chronicles of Morgaine by CJ Cherryh.

I'll post some more when I think of them

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch.

I was going to suggest this one as well.

Also...

A Cavern of Black Ice - JV Jones - Typical fantasy work but really very good. Jones writing has gotten much stronger since last I read her with The Book of Words series.

Ghosts in the Snow - Tamara Siler Jones - Fantasy mystery type stuff. Very cool and it gets better with each book...three out now beginning with Ghosts.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
The first place anyone should look for book recommendations around here is always the AW Library.

Victoria Strauss, and James D MacDonald have some very, very impressive publications.

Nalani Ashmore

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading the Dresden Files already and it's getting really good. I was reading Grave Peril but I can't find it now. Thank you all for the recommendations. I'll be sure to grab them when I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.