Um, am I going too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterDusk14

Non-savvy tech writer
Registered
Reaction score
In the second chapter of my story, this old man, past his eighties, a veteran tactician and scholar that have won countless battles for his country, now sulks in his tent, wants a change, thinking of becoming an educator instead and provide inspiration and etc etc. I've fleshed some other details about him as well.

The morbid events take place. And by the end of his POV, from his frail self, he feels younger and stronger.

Its really nothing much than that. But as a reader, for an important change toward a character, did I somehow 'rushed' that change for people to even care this old man was weak, fragile, and possibly senile?

His POV isn't even that long, about four thousand words only. What do you guys think? Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

giraffe!

bear attacks moose.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think your best bet would be to put this chapter up in the Share Your Work area--that way it'll be more clear what the problems (or lack thereof) are.

zornhau

Swordsman
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
The morbid events take place. And by the end of his POV, from his frail self, he feels younger and stronger.

Its really nothing much than that. But as a reader, for an important change toward a character, did I somehow 'rushed' that change for people to even care this old man was weak, fragile, and possibly senile?

IMVHO, as a general rule, change is less interesting than the consequences of that change (except in books devoted to exploring the process of change, e.g. Romance.)

So what you describe sounds like it's just one move in a great game. General >>> Teacher. As a reader I'll get frustrated if you try to milk it for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.