Obama's Campaign Plane Makes Unscheduled Landing

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=149486&catid=3

Obama's campaign schedule for today is shot. His plane made an 'unscheduled landing' in St. Louis due to a maintenance issue.

"We detected a little bit of controllability issue in terms of our ability to control the aircraft in the pitch, which is the nose up and nose down mode," announced the pilot, a first officer whose name was not released in accordance with Midwest policy.
"The autopilot and the aircraft are just fine. As we descended, whatever was inhibiting our ability has now been rectified. However, just for safety purposes we are going to be stopping in St. Louis and making sure that there's nothing binding our controls. We have full authority of the aircraft. We will not need to brace. It will be a normal landing," he said

Wait until the conspiracy theorists get hold of this one.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=149486&catid=3

Obama's campaign schedule for today is shot. His plane made an 'unscheduled landing' in St. Louis due to a maintenance issue.

Wait until the conspiracy theorists get hold of this one.

Yeah, imagine trying to attach sinister meaning to a minor aircraft control issue. After all, Vince Foster committed suicide, and Ron Brown's plane crash was an accident, right? :D*

*This is not an endorsement of any conspiracy theories, either offical, approved ones, or those considered 'wacky.'

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO!

I am glad they made their unscheduled landing for the safety of everyone on board. But I can't help but lurk around the internet, waiting for the inevitable "John McCain Tampers with Obama's Plane" blog entries.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO!

I am glad they made their unscheduled landing for the safety of everyone on board. But I can't help but lurk around the internet, waiting for the inevitable "John McCain Tampers with Obama's Plane" blog entries.

It's too early for those, since the convention isn't over yet. It will be 'Clinton Dynasty Tampers with Obama's Plane.' The McCain ones won't start 'till after the convention. :D

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
OH, I forgot that we're still supposed to blame the Clinton camp for everything. *sigh* There's way too many angles to keep up with regarding Obama. It's soooooooo confusing.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
See what happens when you cross the Clintons?

In all seriousness, I'm glad it was only a minor deal, and that everyone on board is okay.

While looking up Ron Brown's name, I ran across this list.

It's headlined '90 SUSPICIOUS DEATHS OF INDIVIDUALS CLOSE TO BILL CLINTON, 81 WHILE PRESIDENT'

Apparently some people are convinced the Clintons aren't nice people. :D

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
There's a similar list floating around of people close to George H.W. Bush who died allegedly suspicious deaths, and some of the same people are on both lists. So apparently, there was a little bit of bipartisan collaboration involved.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
There's a similar list floating around of people close to George H.W. Bush who died allegedly suspicious deaths, and some of the same people are on both lists. So apparently, there was a little bit of bipartisan collaboration involved.
Ahah! So it really is all the fault of the Council on Foreign Relations!

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Are those the lizard people, or am I still confused?

No, they aren't the lizard people... that would be the "The members of the English Royal Family are lizards... so's most of the words leaders... cause... cause... cause... Oh! Cause Diana told me right before she died!" conspiracy.

Or, those who believe that the pretty decent sci-fi mini series "V: The Final Battle" is real.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
No, they aren't the lizard people... that would be the "The members of the English Royal Family are lizards... so's most of the words leaders... cause... cause... cause... Oh! Cause Diana told me right before she died!" conspiracy.

Or, those who believe that the pretty decent sci-fi mini series "V: The Final Battle" is real.
Oh, okay, I've got it now. I'd forgotten the tie to the English Royal Family. Now that you mention it, there is a bit of resemblence between Prince Charles and a lizard. :D

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have to agree... because Oh! Oh! OH! Maybe they got his ears wrong or couldn't figure out to put his fake ears on, and that's why the stick out like that! It could be true!

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
LMAO!

McCain? I thought it was Bill who attempted the dirty deed. :D

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And here we go....full circle again.

I thought it interesting that hey are now claiming that the pitch control plance with the plane stemmed from an emergency chute deploying while they were still in the air...

Forgive my ignorance, but, wouldn't that make an airborne plane decompress?

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
My understanding, hazy at best, is that a small chute deployed inside the tail section of the fuselage, possibly pressing on control cables or some such thing to interfere with control of the aircraft.

Jay Leno claims that the pilot noticed the problem when he tried to steer left, but the plane kept sliding to the right. lol