PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Campaign Plane Makes Unscheduled Landing

mscelina
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=149486&catid=3

Obama's campaign schedule for today is shot. His plane made an 'unscheduled landing' in St. Louis due to a maintenance issue.

"We detected a little bit of controllability issue in terms of our ability to control the aircraft in the pitch, which is the nose up and nose down mode," announced the pilot, a first officer whose name was not released in accordance with Midwest policy.
"The autopilot and the aircraft are just fine. As we descended, whatever was inhibiting our ability has now been rectified. However, just for safety purposes we are going to be stopping in St. Louis and making sure that there's nothing binding our controls. We have full authority of the aircraft. We will not need to brace. It will be a normal landing," he said

Wait until the conspiracy theorists get hold of this one.

robeiae
07-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Doesn't Diebold also make autopilot systems?

Don
07-07-2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=149486&catid=3

Obama's campaign schedule for today is shot. His plane made an 'unscheduled landing' in St. Louis due to a maintenance issue.

Wait until the conspiracy theorists get hold of this one.

Yeah, imagine trying to attach sinister meaning to a minor aircraft control issue. After all, Vince Foster committed suicide, and Ron Brown's plane crash was an accident, right? :D*

*This is not an endorsement of any conspiracy theories, either offical, approved ones, or those considered 'wacky.'

mscelina
07-07-2008, 08:23 PM
LMAO!

I am glad they made their unscheduled landing for the safety of everyone on board. But I can't help but lurk around the internet, waiting for the inevitable "John McCain Tampers with Obama's Plane" blog entries.

Don
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
LMAO!

I am glad they made their unscheduled landing for the safety of everyone on board. But I can't help but lurk around the internet, waiting for the inevitable "John McCain Tampers with Obama's Plane" blog entries.

It's too early for those, since the convention isn't over yet. It will be 'Clinton Dynasty Tampers with Obama's Plane.' The McCain ones won't start 'till after the convention. :D

mscelina
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
OH, I forgot that we're still supposed to blame the Clinton camp for everything. *sigh* There's way too many angles to keep up with regarding Obama. It's soooooooo confusing.

Don
07-07-2008, 08:42 PM
See what happens when you cross the Clintons?

In all seriousness, I'm glad it was only a minor deal, and that everyone on board is okay.

While looking up Ron Brown's name, I ran across this list (http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/liberty/liberty/bdycount.txt).

It's headlined '90 SUSPICIOUS DEATHS OF INDIVIDUALS CLOSE TO BILL CLINTON, 81 WHILE PRESIDENT'

Apparently some people are convinced the Clintons aren't nice people. :D

clintl
07-07-2008, 08:45 PM
There's a similar list floating around of people close to George H.W. Bush who died allegedly suspicious deaths, and some of the same people are on both lists. So apparently, there was a little bit of bipartisan collaboration involved.

Don
07-07-2008, 08:49 PM
There's a similar list floating around of people close to George H.W. Bush who died allegedly suspicious deaths, and some of the same people are on both lists. So apparently, there was a little bit of bipartisan collaboration involved.
Ahah! So it really is all the fault of the Council on Foreign Relations!

Don
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
No, no, no, no, NO! It was the Bilderbergs, funded by the Illuminati.
Are those the lizard people, or am I still confused?

Don
07-08-2008, 12:59 AM
No, they aren't the lizard people... that would be the "The members of the English Royal Family are lizards... so's most of the words leaders... cause... cause... cause... Oh! Cause Diana told me right before she died!" conspiracy.

Or, those who believe that the pretty decent sci-fi mini series "V: The Final Battle" is real.
Oh, okay, I've got it now. I'd forgotten the tie to the English Royal Family. Now that you mention it, there is a bit of resemblence between Prince Charles and a lizard. :D

donroc
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
LMAO!

McCain? I thought it was Bill who attempted the dirty deed. :D

mscelina
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM
And here we go....full circle again.

I thought it interesting that hey are now claiming that the pitch control plance with the plane stemmed from an emergency chute deploying while they were still in the air...

Forgive my ignorance, but, wouldn't that make an airborne plane decompress?

AncientEagle
07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
My understanding, hazy at best, is that a small chute deployed inside the tail section of the fuselage, possibly pressing on control cables or some such thing to interfere with control of the aircraft.

Jay Leno claims that the pilot noticed the problem when he tried to steer left, but the plane kept sliding to the right. lol

mscelina
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
ROFLMAO!

robeiae
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
:ROFL:

That really is quite good.

astonwest
07-09-2008, 04:53 AM
Can you imagine the conspiracy theorists if his plane had gone through what this one did (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25568324/)?