ProofReading counter service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsley Kobo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks, I've just finished my first novel and a publisher in France is willing to see it. But the problem is: nobody except me has seen it. And so, I'm not too confident if I've written anything good at all; and believe me I've got not means to hire a professional proofreader. Can anyone help to read some chapters say 1,2 or 3? And I could do same for his/her manuscript too. Mind you it's an African novel. Help.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
A proofreader only looks at punctuation, spelling, grammar, formatting, and that kind of thing. If you want comments on your plot, characters, theme, setting, etc. you need an editor or content editor.

Metaphor

twiftie
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like what you want might be a beta reader. Maybe you could head over to the beta reader section, and ask if anyone could look over your manuscript. Best of luck :D

Charlie Horse

Speaking in metaphors
Registered
Reaction score
Website
imablogginghorse.blogspot.com
I gotta ask. When you say finished, does that mean you've gone through several drafts, and done as much as you can on your own to make sure it's the best work you can do? I think what you're looking for are beta readers, which are folks you trust to provide honest feedback on your work--definitely something you should pursue.

I don't there's many of us unpublished, struggling to break in, novelists that can afford to pay an editor. You could start with posting a few chapters in the share your work forum.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Kingsley, it sounds like you are looking for a beta reader. In the Conference Room section of the site you will find the beta reader forum. Maybe if you put your request there you will get responses.

I'm in the middle of beta reading a novel and can't read yours at this time. But I love african novels and am willing to read it in a few weeks - that is if you haven't found a taker by that time.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Get a couple of beta readers. Make sure you tell them exactly what type of feedback you are looking for.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.