Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Denver & the Mile High Orchestra are performing about 1.5 hours from me this Sunday (my driving limit for concerts). It's the only time they'll be up north for a while. So I say to myself: Why not try to snag an interview? I try to email: nothing. RL gets in the way; I forget about it; then Tuesday hits. Too late, right? I remember I freelance for an awesome guy. I emailed him, asking if he had a super-secret contact email, but if it's too late, no harm, no foul.

He emails me a few minutes ago with a private cell # and says to give Denver a call.

Were I a teenager, I'd be squee-ing! However, I'm an old broad, so I simply leave a VM saying whi I am and who I work for and that I'll call back, or he can call me.

w00t!!! Interviewing DMHO!

ETA: Famous folks are truly just like the rest of us--Denver called because the baby went down for a nap. Yes, babies have ruled all our lives at one point. :) So since neither he nor I know exactly where this place is (Mapquest, hooray), he's emailing me to set up a time for Sunday. Whee!

Last edited:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Are you going to chastize him for doing so well on TNGAB and blowing your chance to sing with him? Or does this make up for it :D. I'm so happy for you!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Are you going to chastize him for doing so well on TNGAB and blowing your chance to sing with him? Or does this make up for it :D. I'm so happy for you!

I'm greedy--I'm hoping that they'll reschedule for Christmas 2009 (this year they're doing a cruise over the holidays). So no, I won't rag on him because I really want to sing with them! But yeah, this is way cool. Way, way cool.

Sometimes what God wants for you lines up with exactly what you want. :D:D:D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:e2drown: <--- That was me a few hours ago. Me and about 100 other DMHO fans.

Think thunderstorms. Massive. Multiple lightning detonations. Rain so hard those little carryable chairs had about 4 cups of water in the seats. Did I mention wind?

So after the first lightning strikes passed, they had to wait 15 mins. and then fire up the sound system etc. etc. And then the second wave of thunderstorms hit.

I have never been so soaking wet in my entire life, ourside of jumping fully clothes into a swimming pool.

The 2:30 concert finally started at 4 pm! Denver said we were the most die-hard fans they have, and they've never played an outdoor concert in such extreme weather. The first half-hour was songs from the NGAB show, with s few additions. The next half-hour was new material (4 new songs!) and a couple of their standards.

The rain stopped just as they started their first song, and started again halfway through the last one. Perfect timing or what?

Possibly the worst interview I ever did, since I was too cold and wet and shivering and tired to be coherent. :rolleyes:

Got a few photos, hope to have the article up end of week-ish--I'll link to it.

Would I have skipped this wacky, wet, fun day? Not on your life. :D

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Ah determination. Gratz to you!! :)

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Lily! You've got spunk. :D So glad you had a memorable day (in spite of the weather!)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to do this again, Lily, but what did ol' John have to say?

John_Denver_Y_John_DenverJJs_Greatest_Hits.jpg

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ted Dekker

Hey, all:

I'm going to be interviewing Ted Dekker via email. Appears he got swamped with interview requests in connection to the DVD release for the movie of his book House.

So if y'all have a question you'd like to ask him, PM me and I'll do my best to include it.

Here's a link to his official site. The interview will be in a couple of weeks, but I have to get the questions in by Monday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.