Status
Not open for further replies.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
First, I would like to invite anyone who has a picture of themselves with an author, or a cast member of the original Star Trek, or whilst standing next to anyone interesting to the geek community, to post that here.

Second, do I look sweaty and nervous in this picture? I was sweaty and nervous.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27219356@N08/2545244430/

I know ChaosTitan has some Conner Trinear photos...

We should totally have a thread about this! It is such an important Geek thing to do!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Squee! Neil signed my books a few years ago, but they said no flash photos and the signing was in a dramatically shadowy church.:cry:Lucky you! Is there any way a mere mortal like me could get into BEA when next it passes through LA?

Tonight I will post up piccies of me with Ray Bradbury and me with Kevin J. Anderson.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
awww ducky, look at your rosy cheeks. How sweet you look next to Mr. Gaiman. Whose work I have just discovered.

By the way, you still have an awesome book cover and next time I'm in the store I am so getting your book.

edited to add, it's actually in stock in calgary, and on the website you have an average of 5 maple leafs which is the highest rating, from 18 reviews, which for chapters is a lot, so everyone that read your book gave it 5 maple leafs out of five. not shabby at all, mr ducky.

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Awww, the baddest ducky is all aquiver. :D Too cool, JM!

Oh yes. That lovely photo of Connor has a special place on my wall (it's also in the AW Family Album in OP). I have a great pic of me, Serenity and my sister with Aaron Douglas (the new Battlestar Galactica).

I don't have any photos with authors, but I've met quite a few. Mostly tie-in authors. I had a minor fan-girl moment the first time I met Peter David. I've adored his work for years and he's quite funny in person.

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Waitaminnit! Badducky, are you holding a gun to Neil Gaimain's back?

:D

-Michelle

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
I have a picture of me and Connie Willis sitting on a panel together. It's a print and I'd have to scan it. Should I? Is Connie geeky enough for you? (she's one of my favorite authors)

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Here's the Aaron Douglas one she was talking about. He's such a flirt. Said he took pictures much better with hands on his butt.

img020-1.jpg

geardrops

Good thing I like my day job
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geardrops.net
I thought I once had a picture of me hugging Neil Gaiman.

My friend bollockes up the photo so badly that I immediately engaged in fisticuffs.

Hopefully I get another shot someday. IIRC he gave a pretty good hug.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
My own personal "squeeeee" moment. A picture of me with Jim Butcher.

2-1.jpg

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Aaron is such a cutie!! So....are you're hands on his butt? He did take a mighty good picture. And you two too! It looks like Chaos might be reaching there...;)

I have one of me hugging Neil G. when he came to Japan a bit ago. Now I need to find it and post it here. I've always wanted to show someone!

Memnon624

A Boy and his Orc . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scottoden.com
Now that is cool.

I need to go and get a picture at August Derleth's gravesite.

Getting one at Lovecraft's grave is next on my list. I'll see if I can get my REH pic scanned.

Every year around the anniversary of his death, the cemetery in Brownwood, TX puts an awning up over the Howard family site and offers water and shade to those who have come to pay their respects. His house in Cross Plains is on the National Register of Historic Places, and next week a small horde of REH fans will descend on the small town for the annual Howard Days festival. I've been a couple of time. It's a very nice little affair.

Scott

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
First, I would like to invite anyone who has a picture of themselves with an author, or a cast member of the original Star Trek, or whilst standing next to anyone interesting to the geek community, to post that here.

Second, do I look sweaty and nervous in this picture? I was sweaty and nervous.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27219356@N08/2545244430/

We should totally have a thread about this! It is such an important Geek thing to do!
Cool - a picture of world famous author, J.M. McDermott. Who's the dude sitting down?

;)

C.M. Daniels

Cinnamon, sit. Bad fish!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.opendiary.com
I'd have to dig, but I had a picture taken with Ray Bradbury in the spring of 2001. It was amazing to meet one of my heroes. He's one of the reasons I was able to motivate myself to graduate from high school, as well as become a writer.

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
Squee! Neil signed my books a few years ago, but they said no flash photos and the signing was in a dramatically shadowy church.:cry:Lucky you! Is there any way a mere mortal like me could get into BEA when next it passes through LA?

Anyone with $60 can spend a day at BEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.