PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha ha - that was a good one that 'American oil' post - its no whooshed

aspier
04-22-2008, 08:27 PM
This is the winner, folks, of the best post in the American oil branch post.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-kitten-desk-finger-painting.jpg

Jersey Chick
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
You are twisted ;)

Jean Marie
04-22-2008, 08:30 PM
I, at least said it was hard to tell. No pouncing on my part, for once...

davids
04-22-2008, 08:31 PM
yah and if you ever had a friend here you just messed that up-me? I am going to go and sing Dichterliebe at the christening of the Gordon Jerome Memorial Crapper in honor of your silliness!

Stew21
04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't particularly find it funny, whether intended as a joke or not. A lot of ugliness came out of that.

Jean Marie
04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
yah and if you ever had a friend here you just messed that up-me? I am going to go and sing Dichterliebe at the christening of the Gordon Jerome Memorial Crapper in honor of your silliness!
Messing w/ people on a sensitive issue may not be such a hot idea, either.

Me, I'm looking for alternative ways of transportation at the moment being of low income, and still needing to get around. Also, going through some serious medical shit. Spending $ on that, too. Not particularly caring for "everything wrong w/ America" threads, either. Even if it is meant in jest.

So, maybe your sense of humor is in poor taste, if that's what it is.

jennontheisland
04-22-2008, 08:41 PM
I thought it was kinda funny, but I'm not an American.

aspier
04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
A hard 'welcome' to all Americans. Park in the back, we got somebody there watching over the cars. Your petrol won't get stolen. And sorry, no Country and Westen Music tonight ... we're into Ivo van Hove's La Strada tonight! But later on in the evening we'll give you Pollenc as well.

Jean Marie
04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
WTF!

Now, I think you're trying to be rude, aspier.

Stew21
04-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I thought it was kinda funny, but I'm not an American.

some other people that are not American didn't find it funny either, because some of the Americans didn't handle it well.
It hurt far more people than it tickled.

aspier
04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't particularly find it funny, whether intended as a joke or not. A lot of ugliness came out of that.

Oh, really Stew! I didn't intend that! Its probably the black-and-white of the statement that did it. Everything is so serieus lately, you know? Its however also a fact that Modern Capatalism (and in particular the consumative over accent the New World countries emphasis on it ... among others, America) is leading us to disaster. We are using far too much oil (ref the 'oil wars' in oil rich countries etc.) And sure, I am issed off that we pay something like $2.00 MORE for petrol than what they ask for it in America! There goes my trip by car to Spain this year ... I have to b loody fly now! Can't afford the cool lazy driving South.

Lyra Jean
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Is this supposed to be funny or not. I just realized that I probably just need to stay out of threads created by the OP.

If it's supposed to be humorous use some smiley faces that's what they are there for. Now I'm just annoyed but that could be because I didn't get to bed last night until 5am because I was writing a paper so perhaps I shouldn't have commented at all.

Now I'm just rambling so I'll stop now.

davids
04-22-2008, 08:55 PM
A hard 'welcome' to all Americans. Park in the back, we got somebody there watching over the cars. Your petrol won't get stolen. And sorry, no Country and Westen Music tonight ... we're into Ivo van Hove's La Strada tonight! But later on in the evening we'll give you Pollenc as well.

Poulenc-so much for you and your culture old man!!!!

aspier
04-22-2008, 08:58 PM
WTF!

Now, I think you're trying to be rude, aspier.

JM, fixed! Ok now? Yes there's that animosity between America and Europe. What I found particularly rude was Rumbsfeld's remark about the so-called 'old Europe' versus the 'new'. Europe isn't a unity as America and we know this (and don't want it to be) but trying to wedged it up in camps, etc. That, see?
Maybe we all should come to the realization that we all are different but that we are also the same. The over carbon footprints will lead to this anyway ... in, some say, even in 5 years time. We'll have so much probs that things like wars would be so far off our intrest levels, etc. Or do you think it wishfull thinking?

aspier
04-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Poulenc-so much for you and your culture old man!!!!

ok ok davids ... we switch back to Country and Western! Everybody happy? Say, let's go over to the barn, I got some Black Bush Irish single malt (= no headache) stassed away there somewhere.

Stew and JM, you coming? (this last sentence was called out casually over my shoulder as I put my manly torso into motion towards the barn and clapped davids brotherly - booze brotherly - on the shoulder)

Jean Marie
04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
JM, fixed! Ok now? Yes there's that animosity between America and Europe. What I found particularly rude was Rumbsfeld's remark about the so-called 'old Europe' versus the 'new'. Europe isn't a unity as America and we know this (and don't want it to be) but trying to wedged it up in camps, etc. That, see?
Maybe we all should come to the realization that we all are different but that we are also the same. The over carbon footprints will lead to this anyway ... in, some say, even in 5 years time. We'll have so much probs that things like wars would be so far off our intrest levels, etc. Or do you think it wishfull thinking?
I think Rumsfeld's an ass. I also think your thread was out of line and rude, too. It could have been phrased, differently and gotten the same point across w/o pissing everyone off.

I happen to think Gore's an idiot, too w/ perhaps the largest carbon footprint of all. The only thing he's done, is get all of us talking. I still don't know why the hell he won the nobel prize, though...another thread...many more deserving folks than he...

I've been recycling since the '70's, it's not something new, dammit. There are many things we should have been doing, the world over starting back then, but haven't/didn't. It's not America's fault nor responsibility, what about China's enormous footprint? Oh yeah, you forgot about them, aspier. It doesn't help so much unless everyone's on board w/ this.

So, your complaining falls on deaf ears when you insult a majority of the board the way you did.

davids
04-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I think Rumsfeld's an ass. I also think your thread was out of line and rude, too. It could have been phrased, differently and gotten the same point across w/o pissing everyone off.

I happen to think Gore's an idiot, too w/ perhaps the largest carbon footprint of all. The only thing he's done, is get all of us talking. I still don't know why the hell he won the nobel prize, though...another thread...many more deserving folks than he...

I've been recycling since the '70's, it's not something new, dammit. There are many things we should have been doing, the world over starting back then, but haven't/didn't. It's not America's fault nor responsibility, what about China's enormous footprint? Oh yeah, you forgot about them, aspier. It doesn't help so much unless everyone's on board w/ this.

So, your complaining falls on deaf ears when you insult a majority of the board the way you did.

plus he thinks Francis Poulenc is alive and well and living in Des Plaines!

Jean Marie
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
plus he thinks Francis Poulenc is alive and well and living in Des Plaines!
Wondering about that meself, I am.

mscelina
04-22-2008, 09:23 PM
You know, usually when I wander into a thread like this, I'm the one who turns out to be the butthead. At the risk of appearing so yet again, I think I have a comment to make:

How easy it is to get an international community of writers up in arms these days! Once upon a time, it took a great deal more cleverness and even occasionally a little creativity to do so--particularly when it came to pushing Americans' patriotic buttons. Ah, yes--the good old days! When one had to possess both class and knowledge to create a firestorm of controversy over something that (in the OP in the OTHER thread) was so blatantly out of left field and historically ridiculous.

Once upon a time, you had to have ammunition before you fired a gun.

Troublemakers always get their due. The OP's intentions and productability are being gauged by the powers as these two threads linger and aspier will be judged on his/her merits--or, IMO, the lack thereof.

In the end, however, how will the rest of us be judged? Is the line between European and American points-of-view really that fragile? Is it enough to let one molotov-cocktail-tossing poster fray those ties with one easy, unresearched, unrealistic, stupid post DESIGNED TO PROVOKE THE VERY REACTION YOU PROVIDED?

Unbelievable.

robeiae
04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
I believe I'm in the mood for a pernod.

Soccer Mom
04-22-2008, 09:38 PM
How is it that I haven't kittehed this thread yet? Maybe cause it started with one?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/16/thxfordissand128528109348750000.jpg

MacAllister
04-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Aspier - that thread was pretty blatant trolling, honestly. It's NOT okay to jerk people around that way. I'm completely unamused, and I'm giving you three days off to get some sunshine and write a little poetry.

writerterri
04-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Oh!

*grinning wildly*

She so cute when she asserts herself.

Okay, I'll stop.

Jersey Chick
04-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Besides, I don't like country - western music.

Cranky
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Besides, I don't like country - western music.

Blasphemer! We'll have to smite you for that, you know...

robeiae
04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Turn her into a newt!

mscelina
04-22-2008, 09:52 PM
A newt?

Cranky
Turn her into a newt!

That's hilarious coming from Technicolor tribbles.

robeiae
She'll get better...

mscelina
04-22-2008, 09:53 PM
But that's not her nose it's a false one.

writerterri
04-22-2008, 09:54 PM
I feel all warm and fuzzy.

MichaelDeVere
04-22-2008, 09:59 PM
FREE ASPIER!!

robeiae
04-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony...you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you...if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

mscelina
04-22-2008, 10:00 PM
*wipes away a tear*

Rob, that speech always gets me. You had me at 'strange women."

jennontheisland
04-22-2008, 10:01 PM
I do love a watery tart.

Cranky
04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
I do love a watery tart.

They're tasty, but they melt under pressure. I agree with robsie. Bad government. :D

writerterri
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony...you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you...if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

You don't look like you can write like that.

dolores haze
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
...I'm giving you three days off to get some sunshine and write a little poetry.

What a lovely punishment!

Jean Marie
04-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh!

*grinning wildly*

She so cute when she asserts herself.

Okay, I'll stop.
She's cute, regardless :D

writerterri
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
She's cute, regardless :D

I know. I keep trying to tell her that but I don't think she believes me.

Jersey Chick
04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
They turned me into a newt!

I got better.

Sorry - still don't like the C&W music though. And don't even be trying to put another false nose on me, either. :D

Stew21
04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
ah man! I step away for a while to do some work, and when I come back I see I've missed the Monty Python!

Crap!

splitters...

mscelina
04-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I think there's some spare Spam lying around here somewhere...

Joe270
04-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I got nothin'.

I just wanted to get in a quick post before this one gets locked, too.

samgail
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
i think i finally found the 420 thread........

donroc
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Last word then? :D

Silver King
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I got nothin'.

I just wanted to get in a quick post before this one gets locked, too.
That's not a bad idea. Unless folks are aware of the other thread, they won't know what the hell this one's about anyway.

MacAllister
04-24-2008, 12:28 AM
FREE ASPIER!!

Honestly? Argo is one of the freest writers I've ever encountered, and a damn fine poet. He hardly needs our help with that.

But he has my email address, if he has questions or difficulties with this decision.

This is a community of human beings, and not a venue for performance art.

ETA: oops! Didn't realize Dino had locked this one down.